West Bay (Doha)
West Bay (Arabic: الخليج الغربي) is an area in Doha, Qatar that encompasses the city's east coast districts, namely, Al Qassar, Al Dafna, West Bay Lagoon and Onaiza. West Bay includes many modern buildings unlike other, older districts of Doha. Some of the tallest skyscrapers in Qatar are found in this area.
Top to bottom, left to right: View from a boat of West Bay's skyline, Dark clouds over the West Bay skyline, Overlooking skyscrapers in the Al Dafna district of West Bay
In Qatar's first census conducted in 1986, West Bay was the tentative name for seven newly established zones of Doha along the coastline: Zone 60 and Zone 62 to Zone 67. Contemporary usage of the term refers to all the districts currently occupying these zones, which currently includes Al Qassar, Al Dafna, West Bay Lagoon (official name Leqtaifiya), Onaiza, and Hazm Al Markhiya.
Mowasalat manages a shuttle service for the West Bay Area under the auspices of the Ministry of Transport and Communication. The sole route is circular, running through 36 stops at 12-minute intervals from 6 AM to 9 PM on all days of the week. It passes through most of the hotel and business districts in West Bay.
|Name of School||Curriculum||Grade||Genders||Official Website||Ref|
|International School of Choueifat||International||Kindergarten – Secondary||Both||N/A|||
|Lycée Franco-Qatarien Voltaire - West Bay branch||International||Kindergarten – Secondary||Both||Official website|||
|Newton International School - West Bay branch||International||Secondary||Both||Official website|||
|Qatar International School||International||Kindergarten – Secondary||Both||N/A|||
- Fahd Abdul Rahmn Hamad Al-Thani (1992). "The Spatial Impact of the Hydrocarbon Industry on Land and Sea Use in Qatar" (PDF). University of Durham; Durham e-Thesis. p. 317.
- "West Bay Shuttle Bus". Ministry of Transport and Communication. Retrieved 21 January 2019.
- "QAR Metro". arcgis.com. Retrieved 17 March 2019.
- "Plan d'accès"/"خريطة الوصول." Lycée Franco-Qatarien Voltaire. Retrieved on 25 April 2015. "WEST BAY - DOHA - QATAR"
- "International School of Choueifat". Supreme Education Council. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Lycée Franco-Qatarien Voltaire - West Bay". Supreme Education Council. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Newton International School - West Bay". Supreme Education Council. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Qatar International School". Supreme Education Council. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
|This Qatari location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|