Wena profe (lit: Hey teacher) is a Chilean telenovela premiered on Televisión Nacional de Chile on September 25, 2017, and concluded on May 11, 2018. The series is written by Carlos Galofré, along with Luis López-Aliaga, Rodrigo Ossandón and Francisca Fuenzalida. It stars Marcelo Alonso and María Elena Swett as the titular's character.
|Created by||Carlos Galofré|
|Story by||Francisca Bustamante|
|Country of origin||Chile|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||159|
|Executive producer||Mauricio Campos|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company||Televisión Nacional de Chile|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||September 25, 2017 –|
May 11, 2018
When the musical career of Javier Meza (Marcelo Alonso), a failed upper-class musician, ends up collapsing, he decides to fool Bárbara Fernández (María Elena Swett), the rigid director of a school in Santiago, assuring that he is a teacher who seeks job. Thus little by little, the musician becomes fond of the course to which they are assigned, in addition to the director who is present in his heart. The problem arises when the teacher of quantum physics of the establishment and friend of Barbara, Rodrigo Sarmiento (Néstor Cantillana), discovers the lie of the singer without imagining that a love connection would form a trio between Javier, he and the director of the school that hides an unimaginable secret.
- Marcelo Alonso as Javier Meza
- María Elena Swett as Bárbara Fernández
- Néstor Cantillana as Rodrigo "Chancho" Sarmiento
- Carolina Arregui as Ana María Sepúlveda
- Belén Soto as Florencia Domínguez / Meza Domínguez
- Bárbara Ruiz-Tagle as Macarena Palma Novoa
- Héctor Morales as Samuel Cornejo
- Alejandra Fosalba as Rosa Sanhueza
- Otilio Castro as Idefonso "Loco" Andrade
- Daniela Palavecino as Pamela Rojas
- Patricio Pimienta as Andrés Salas
- Matías Assler as Benjamín Salas
- Delfina Guzmán as Estela Novoa
- Patricio Achurra as Pedro Domínguez
- Gloria Laso as Loreto Montes
- Ana Reeves as Marta Contreras
- Amaya Forch as Jimena González
- Francisco Dañobeitía as Diego Vidal Fernández
- Juan Pablo Miranda as Patricio "Pato" Rojas
- Francisco Ossa as Manuel Castro Sanhueza
- Daniela Nicolás as Constanza Marshall
- Vivianne Dietz as Belén González
- Andrew Bargsted as Ignacio "Nashock" Castro Sanhueza
- Rodrigo Walker as Felipe "Pipe" Acuña Palma
- Valentina Becker as Trinidad Villarroel
- Santiago Urrejola as Ricardo "Zombi" Andrade
- Antonia Bosman as Antonia "Anto" Acuña Palma
- Ignacia Uribe as Josefina "Jo" Contreras
- Lucas Mosquera as Brooklyn
- Lorenzo Carrasco as Camilo Acuña Palma
- Antonella Orsini as Celeste Domínguez
- César Sepúlveda as Father of Diego
- Matilde Flores as Rocío Cornejo
- "El amor triunfó". tvn.cl. Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "Los culpables la pagarán muy caro". tvn.cl (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 12 May 2018. Retrieved 12 May 2018.
- "Exitosas teleseries de TVN serán adquiridas por Telemundo". 24horas.cl (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Revelan fecha de estreno de "Wena Profe"". 24horas.cl (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- "Wena profe: TVN comienza las grabaciones de su nueva teleserie vespertina". latercera.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 October 2017.
- ""Wena Profe": Mane Swett se luce cantando en psicodélica versión de "Todos los días" junto a Pedropiedra". 24horas.cl (in Spanish). Retrieved 8 October 2017.