|Origin||Calgary/Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Genres||Black metal, death metal|
|Labels||Relapse, The Ajna Offensive, Agonia Records, Full Moon Productions|
After the formation of the band, Vetis temporarily moved to his birthplace of Dhaka, Bangladesh to record the Within the Flesh of the Satanist demo tape and the Violated Hejab EP. He moved back to Canada in 2005 and relocated Weapon to Edmonton. Weapon signed with Relapse Records in 2011 and released their label debut, Embers and Revelations, in 2012. Subsequently, Weapon toured North America with Marduk and 1349 beginning in May 2012.
Weapon and an older British band of the same name came to a legal agreement that the latter band would add 'UK' to their band name in October 2012. Weapon stated on its official Facebook page that they own the US, Canadian and UK trademarks on the name, leading the UK band to change their moniker.
The band announced on June 28, 2013 that they had broken up. Vetis Monarch said that he feels that that further Weapon albums "would only be a black/death metal record by the numbers", which he felt would be stagnation.
- Vetis Monarch – guitar, vocals, bass (2003–2013)
- The Disciple – drums (2008–2013)
- Kha Tumos – bass (2009–2013)
- Rom Surtr – guitar (2011–2013)
- Nohttzver – drums (2004–05)
- Kapalyq – bass (2005)
- Menschenfiend – guitar (2007–08)
- Arcan of Death – drums (2007–08)
- Agni Nethra – bass (2008)
- Sabazios Diabolus – bass (2008–09)
- Vileblood Dahcnial – guitar (2009)
- Apostle VIII – guitar (2009–11)
- Within the Flesh of the Satanist (demo, 2004)
- Violated Hejab (EP, 2005)
- Para Bhakti... Salvation (EP, 2008)
- Drakonian Paradigm (LP, 2009)
- From the Devil's Tomb (LP, 2010)
- Embers and Revelations (LP, 2012)
- Naga: Daemonum Praeteritum (compilation, 2013)
- Henry, Ray (November 5, 2012). "Embers and Revelations review". Metal Maniacs. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Weapon Completes Recording New Album - May 30, 2012, Blabbermouth.net, (retrieved November 13, 2012)
- Weapon - Embers and Revelations, Relapse Records, (retrieved November 8, 2012)
- Blackened Death Metal Act WEAPON Sign To Relapse Records; Tour Dates Announced, Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, August 10, 2012, (retrieved November 8, 2012)
- Weapon page, Death Metal Insanity zine, (retrieved November 8, 2012)
- Pratt, Greg (August 16, 2011). "Edmonton's Weapon sign to Relapse Records". Exclaim!. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Hutch, Luke (September 19, 2012). "Weapon interview". Hails & Horns. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- Most of you will be aware, there was a legal..., October 23, 2012, accessed on September 10., 2013.
- As some of you may be aware, there was a legal..., October 21, 2012, accessed on September 10., 2013.
- Weapon: Devil's Vanguard, Worm Gear Zine, (retrieved November 8, 2012)
- Pessaro, Fred. "Weapon call it quits". Invisible Oranges. Retrieved June 29, 2013.
And with the those words we announce the end of Weapon. There is no drama surrounding this decision: it is time for us collectively, and more importantly, as individuals, to move onwards and upwards towards other paradigms. We extend our gratitude to all who helped us succeed and of course send a massive "fuck you" to the ones who tried in vain to make us fail.
- Kelly, Kim (August 13, 2013). "Weapon's Paradigm Shift: The Final Interview". Decibel Magazine. Retrieved August 17, 2013.