Warwick International School of Riding
The Warwick International School of Riding is a school of equitation (horsemanship), located just north of Warwick, Warwickshire, England. The school caters to an international clientele of riders in the disciplines of show jumping, cross-country, hacking and general riding. It accommodates both disabled and able-bodied riders and has facilities for people to stay during riding vacations. Founded in the early 1970s by Janet Martinez, the Warwick School of Riding started off with just three horses. as of 2010, the school has over 40 horses and acres of land to ride and jump. The school appeared on Keeping Up Appearances (in the episode "Please Mind Your Head"), where Hyacinth decides to visit the country and ends up on a runaway horse.
- Whitmill, Holly (1 August 2008). "Lovin' it? Not when McDonald's bins our meals, says Janet". Kenilworth Weekly News. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "A Galloping Success Story for Riding School". BBC Local Coventry (online). May 2004. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Suit you, sirrah". 7 May 2005. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Joust with the knights of old". Birmingham Evening Mail. 6 August 2004. pp. M2. Archived from the original on 3 November 2012. Retrieved 8 February 2010.
- "Anyone for Jousting?". Leamington Courier. 1 June 2004. Retrieved 8 February 2010.