Wall of Noise
Wall of Noise is a 1963 American drama film directed by Richard Wilson, written by Joseph Landon, and starring Suzanne Pleshette, Ty Hardin, Dorothy Provine, Ralph Meeker, Simon Oakland and Jimmy Murphy. It was released by Warner Bros. on September 4, 1963.
|Wall of Noise|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Richard Wilson|
|Produced by||Joseph Landon|
|Screenplay by||Joseph Landon|
|Music by||William Lava|
|Edited by||William H. Ziegler|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
A horse trainer, Joel Tarrant, needs a job and is hired by Matt Rubio, a wealthy building contractor. Joel has a girlfriend, Ann, but is tempted by the advances of Rubio's seductive wife, Laura.
Laura knows there is a horse Joel feels can become a champion and persuades him to buy it. He borrows money from Johnny Papadakis to do so, but the horse is injured and Rubio fires him after recognizing the relationship between his wife and Joel, who is unable to repay Papadakis his debt.
Ann goes to great lengths to help him out of trouble, even offering herself to Papadakis as a form of payment. But after Papadakis dies unexpectedly, Joel and Ann return to their lives, looking after their recovering horse.
- Suzanne Pleshette as Laura Rubio
- Ty Hardin as Joel Tarrant
- Dorothy Provine as Ann Conroy
- Ralph Meeker as Matt Rubio
- Simon Oakland as Johnny Papadakis
- Jimmy Murphy as Bud Kelsey
- Murray Matheson as Jack Matlock
- Robert F. Simon as Dave McRaab
- George O. Petrie as Mr. Harrington
- Jean Byron as Mrs. Harrington
- Fred Carson as Adam Kasper
- William "Bill" Walker as Money
- Napoleon Whiting as Preacher
- Kitty White as Singer
- Roy Engel as Vet
- "Wall of Noise (1963) - Overview". TCM.com. Retrieved 2015-05-20.
- Crowther, Bosley (1963-09-05). "Movie Review - Wall of Noise - Screen: Romance at the Race Track:'Wall of Noise' Opens at Local Theaters Ty Hardin Is Starred as Horse Trainer". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-05-20.