|City||New Albany, Indiana|
|Broadcast area||Louisville, Kentucky|
|Branding||WFIA: The Spirit|
|Slogan||Christian Talk & Praise.|
|Operator||Word Media Group (outright sale pending)|
|Owner||Salem Media Group |
(Salem Communications Holding Corporation)
On December 22, 2016, Salem announced that it would hand operation of its Louisville radio stations, including WFIA, to Word Broadcasting Network (also known as Word Media Group) under a time brokerage agreement. Programming of WFIA was changed to a simulcast of Word's Contemporary Christian station WJIE-FM, and the station carried the WJIE call letters for 10 months in 2017 before reverting to WFIA in October. On February 10, 2020, Word Broadcasting announced that it would take advantage of the option in its agreement to acquire the stations from Salem for $4 million.
- "Salem Announces Louisville Transaction with Word Broadcasting Network". BusinessWire. December 22, 2016. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- "Salem May Be Putting More Stations Up For Sale". InsideRadio. March 14, 2019. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- WJIE Adds Louisville Simulcast Radioinsight - January 6, 2017
- "Salem Media Group, Inc. Announces Third Quarter 2019 Total Revenue of $64.1 Million". BusinessWire. November 12, 2019. Retrieved December 21, 2019.
- "Salem Sells Louisville Cluster". RadioInsight. 10 February 2020.
- WFIA: The Spirit - Official Site
- Query the FCC's FM station database for WFIA
- Radio-Locator information on WFIA
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for WFIA
|This article about a Christian radio station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a radio station in Kentucky is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Louisville-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|