Voyagin is a travel tours and activities online booking platform headquartered in Tokyo, and has offices based in Singapore. The company was founded in 2011 as FindJPN and rebranded to Voyagin in 2012 by co-founders Masashi Takahashi, Tushar Khandelwal and Hiroyuki Hayashi. They operate under their official website GoVoyagin.com
|Founder||Masashi Takahashi, Tushar Khandelwal, Hiroyuki Hayashi|
Voyagin is a travel activities marketplace that allows travellers and locals to book tickets and tours in Asia and parts of Europe and the US.
The company was founded in January 2011 originally under the name of FindJPN by Masashi Takahashi and Hiroyuki Hayashi. Tushar Khandelwal came on board in 2012 and relaunched the brand as Voyagin, a more global approach to booking tours and activities. It started as part of Open Network Lab, a Japanese incubator, and then raised seed funding from Digital Garage and other investors in 2012.
They then raised a second round of funding of $500,000 in 2014, led by Singapore National Research Foundation and Jungle Ventures.
On July 2, 2015, Rakuten Inc. announced their majority-stake acquisition of Voyagin after 6-months of talks for an undisclosed figure, with the aim to expand their market share of the Asia travel industry.
- "The Voyagin story: Its sail from startup to a Rakuten company". e27. Retrieved 2017-08-22.
- "Rakuten Acquires Majority Stake in Voyagin Pte. Ltd".
- Shu, Catherine. "Tokyo-Based Voyagin Gives Travelers A More Up-Close And Offbeat Look At Asian Cities | TechCrunch". Retrieved 2017-08-22.
- "Singapore: Jungle Ventures bags best VC exit award at SVCA's 23rd anniversary event - DealStreetAsia". www.dealstreetasia.com. Retrieved 2017-08-22.
- "Tech in Asia - Connecting Asia's startup ecosystem". www.techinasia.com. Retrieved 2017-08-22.