Groarke has published five collections of poetry with the Gallery Press (and by Wake Forest University Press in the United States): Shale (1994), Other People's Houses (1999), Flight (2002), Juniper Street (2006) and Spindrift (2009). She is also the author of a translation of the eighteenth-century Irish poem, Lament for Art O'Leary (Caoineadh Airt Uí Laoghaire) (Gallery Books, 2008).
Groarke's work has been recognized with awards including the Brendan Behan Memorial Award, the Hennessy Award, the Michael Hartnett Award, the Forward Prize, and the Strokestown International Poetry Award. Her 2009 volume Spindrift has been nominated for the 2010 Irish Times Poetry Now Award.
Groarke has been a co-holder of the Heimbold Chair of Irish Studies at Villanova University and has taught at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. She now teaches at the Centre for New Writing at the University of Manchester, and in 2010 was elected a member of Aosdána, the Irish academy of the arts.
- 1994: Shale, The Gallery Press, Oldcastle
- 1999: Other People's Houses, The Gallery Press, Oldcastle
- 2002: Flight, The Gallery Press, Oldcastle
- 2004: Flight and Earlier Poems, Wake Forest University Press, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
- 2006: Juniper Street, The Gallery Press, Oldcastle; Wake Forest University Press, Winston-Salem, NC
- 2009: Spindrift, The Gallery Press, Oldcastle; Wake Forest University Press, Winston-Salem, NC,2010
- 2014: X, The Gallery Press, Oldcastle
- Bourke, Angela (2002). The Field day anthology of Irish writing. NYU Press. p. 1404. ISBN 0-8147-9907-8.
- "Vona Groarke". University of Manchester.
- "Poetry award shortlist announced". The Irish Times. 30 January 2010. Retrieved 1 November 2014.
- "Titles - Vona Groarke - Lament for Art O'Leary". Gallery Books official website.
- "Publications: Vona Groarke". University of Manchester official website.