Vladimir Georgiev (chess player)
Vladimir Georgiev (Bulgarian: Владимир Георгиев; born 27 August 1975 in Sofia, Bulgaria) is a Bulgarian-Macedonian chess grandmaster. He became an International Master in 1995 and a Grandmaster in 2000.
Vladimir Georgiev first caught the eye of the chess world in 1992, when he finished second in the European Junior Chess Championship.
He became Bulgarian National Champion in 1995 and champion of Macedonia in 2007. Since 2002 he played for the Republic of Macedonia. In 2004 he came second in the Kish GM Tournament. In 2011 he tied for first–third place with Maxim Turov and Yuri Vovk in the Dutch Open in Dieren.
- "Българин стана шампион по шахмат в Македония". Sport1.bg. 27 December 2007. Retrieved 28 June 2009. (in Bulgarian)
- "Archive. Tournament report April 2004: Kish GM". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- "FIDE Archive. Tournament report September 2011: Dutch Open". World Chess Federation. Retrieved 17 December 2011.
- Player transfers in 2002. FIDE.
- Vladimir Georgiev rating card at FIDE
- Vladimir Georgiev player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Chessdom – Interview with Vladimir Georgiev
|This biographical article relating to a Bulgarian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to a Macedonian chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|