Visa policy of Mozambique
Mozambique is part of SADC meaning that members of other SADC countries do not require a tourist visa if visiting Mozambique for tourism purposes.
Visa policy mapEdit
|Date of visa changes|
Holders of diplomatic and service category passports issued to nationals of Angola, Argentina, Brazil, Cape Verde, China, Cuba, Guinea-Bissau, India, Portugal, Russia, Sao Tome and Principe, Seychelles, South Korea, Timor-Leste, Turkey do not require a visa for Mozambique.
Visa waiver agreement for diplomatic passports was signed with Rwanda in July 2018 and it is yet to come into force. Visa exemption agreement for diplomatic and service passports was signed with Thailand on 3 December 2018 and it is not yet ratified.
Visa on arrivalEdit
Citizens of all countries can obtain a visa on arrival at all border posts if they have documentation to prove they are traveling for leisure purposes (return ticket, accommodation confirmation or invitation letter). This visa is valid for 30 days. Despite visas stating they are valid for only one entry visitors who have travelled to Swaziland and South Africa have found it was valid for two entries if still within its 30 day validity. Maputo Airport recently began accepting credit card payments for visas.
|Wikivoyage has a travel guide for Mozambique.|
- "Mozambique Government Announces 30-day Tourist Visas now Available at Borders for all Visitors - Mozambican Hotels". www.mozambicanhotels.com. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Vistos de Entrada, Ministerio dos Negocios Estrangeiros e Cooperacao
- "Country information (visa section)". Timatic. International Air Transport Association (IATA) through Olympic Air. Retrieved 1 April 2017.
- "Passaporte, Dire, Visto e Fronteiras". Ministério de Interior. Retrieved 3 March 2017.
- "VISA EXEMPTION AGREEMENT BETWEEN ANGOLA AND MOZAMBIQUE COMES INTO FORCE - Mozambique Tribune". mozambiquetribune.com. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- Kenya, Mozambique sign visa waiver to allow free movement of people
- "Mozambique Tourist Visa Now Valid for Two Entries - Mozambican Hotels". www.mozambicanhotels.com. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- "Tourism Visas can now be paid for with Credit Cards at Maputo International Airport - Mozambican Hotels". www.mozambicanhotels.com. Retrieved 6 December 2017.