Victor Vladimirovich Antipin (Russian: Виктор Владимирович Антипин; born 6 December 1992) is a Russian professional ice hockey defenceman who is currently playing with Metallurg Magnitogorsk in the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He has previously played in the National Hockey League (NHL) with the Buffalo Sabres. He is the son of Vladimir Antipin.
6 December 1992|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||176 lb (80 kg; 12 st 8 lb)|
Antipin joined the youth team of Metallurg Magnitogorsk as a 16-year old in the 2008–09 season. He made his debut in the Kontinental Hockey League on the blueline with Magnitogorsk in the 2010–11 season, appearing in 2 games.
After six seasons and two Gagarin Cups with Metallurg Magnitogorsk, following the 2016–17 season, Antipin terminated his contract with the club in order to pursue his NHL ambitions on 1 May 2017. He later signed a one-year, entry-level contract with the Buffalo Sabres on 25 May 2017. Antipin recorded his first NHL point on 24 October 2017 against the Detroit Red Wings. Antipin missed 13 games in January due to an illness. On 31 March 2018 Antipin was hit by Nashville Predators forward Scott Hartnell, suffering a concussion and broken nose from the hit. He was ruled out indefinitely for the rest of the season.
As a restricted free agent, Antipin was not qualified by the Sabres due to his falling on the depth chart. On July 2, 2018, Antipin opted to return to former club, Metallurg Magnitogorsk of the KHL, agreeing to a three-year contract.
Antipin played the 2009 World Junior A Challenge where he won the bronze medal with the Russian U18 team. He later played for Russian U18 national team in the 2010 IIHF World U18 Championships where the team finished in fourth place. Antipin played for the silver medal-winning Russian U20 national team in the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships, and later played for Russian men's national team in 2015, 2016 and 2017 world championships.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2015 Czech Republic|
|World Junior Championships|
Awards and honorsEdit
|Gagarin Cup||2014, 2016|||
- "Na krásu se nehraje. Dvacítka proti Rusům nezklamala, mistry světa ale neporazila". Hokej.cz. 15 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "Jan Mursak in Torpedo and other transactions" (in Russian). Kontinental Hockey League. 1 May 2017. Retrieved 1 May 2017.
- "Sabres sign defenseman Antipin". Buffalo Sabres. 25 May 2017. Retrieved 25 May 2017.
- VanGilder, Rachel (24 October 2017). "Sabres shut out struggling Red Wings". woodtv.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
Antipin's assist was the first point of his career.
- LaBarber, Jourdon (23 January 2018). "Antipin returns to lineup for Sabres in Edmonton". NHL.com. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- John Vogl; Mike Harrington (2 April 2018). "Sabres Notebook: Players feel for Antipin; Eichel named NHL Third Star". Toronto. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Sabres D Victor Antipin has concussion, broken nose". ESPN.com. 1 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Sabres' Victor Antipin out indefinitely with concussion, broken nose following hit". Buffalo News. 1 April 2018. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- "Sabres will not extend offers to Wilson, Antipin". Buffalo Sabres. 26 June 2018. Retrieved 26 June 2018.
- "Metallurg signs a contract with Viktor Antipin" (in Russian). Metallurg Magnitogorsk. 2 July 2018. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "Magnitogorsk wins 2nd Gagarin Cup in 3 years". rt.com. 19 April 2016. Retrieved 19 April 2016.