Vikram Lal (born 1942) is an Indian billionaire businessman, the founder and former CEO of Eicher Motors, an Indian commercial vehicle manufacturer based in New Delhi, India. He has been a member of the board of directors of The Doon School.
|Alma mater||Technische Universität Darmstadt|
|Title||Founder of Eicher Motors|
|Children||3, including Siddhartha Lal)|
He joined Eicher India, the family company established by his father, in 1966. Eicher started as the first tractor manufacturer in India in 1959 under the company name Eicher Tractor Corporation of India Pvt. Ltd., as a joint venture with German tractor manufacturer Eicher, and eventually branched out into light commercial vehicles in 1986, and then into heavy vehicles.
Lal spends his retirement years volunteering at his own Goodearth Education Foundation.
- "Eicher Motors' CEO on the Volvo deal". Rediff.com. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- "Vikram Lal". The DOON School. 7 October 2007. Retrieved 28 March 2012.
- Karmali, Naazneen. "Indian Motorcycle Magnate Vikram Lal Becomes Billionaire On Rising Shares". Forbes. Retrieved 4 August 2019.
- "Simran Lal: Your employees are the best brand ambassadors". 15 September 2017. Retrieved 5 August 2019.
- "Trustees & Patrons". IndiaSpend. 19 September 2018. Retrieved 6 August 2019.
- "Common Cause". Retrieved 2 April 2020.
- "Vikram Lal". Forbes. Retrieved 5 August 2019.