Vidharth is an Indian actor, appearing in Tamil films. He started his career in 2001 doing uncredited roles. His first major role was in Mynaa (2010), which became a huge success. He has also done a film for AVM Productions titled Mudhal Idam (2011).
Vidharth in 2014
Vidharth's father was a cook in Singapore and sent money home for Vidharth to be educated, although he described himself as a "very weak student". Vidharth then hoped to become a bus driver, much to the displeasure of his father, and worked in Devakottai, Madurai and Coimbatore. However he became depressed with his occupation and soon left for Chennai, without telling his family, to try to make a career in the Tamil film industry.
Vidharth joined the drama troupe, Koothu-P-Pattarai through some of his friends and began learning the nuances of acting step by step and made his on screen debut with a small role in Gautham Menon's Minnale (2001). Despite believing that the small role would bring him more offers, it did not, and Vidharth continued small-time work with his drama troupe. After ten years, Prabhu solomon cast him in small role in his films, Kokki, Lee(2007) and Laadam, after seeing him in action in Koothupattarai.
Vidharth collaborated with Prabhu Solomon again, who gave him the lead role in his romantic drama Mynaa. The film became the biggest success of Vidharth's career. He starred in AVM Productions' 175th production Mudhal Idam. In Kollaikaran, he played the role of a criminal. In 2014, he had five releases, the most in a year in his career. He first acted alongside Ajith Kumar in the masala film Veeram. Venmegam was his next release, which was said to be about the bond between an artist, played by Vidharth, and a school girl (played by Jayashree Sivadas). He then played a mini bus driver named Velpandiyan in S. P. Rajkumar's romantic comedy Pattaya Kelappanum Pandiya. His other releases that year were Aal, a remake of the Hindi film Aamir and reportedly the first Tamil film to be shot in Sikkim at the India-China border, and Kaadu, a film based on the subject of deforestation. With regard to Kaadu, The New Indian Express wrote that it had Vidharth's "most inspired performance post Myna".
|2001||Minnale||Rajesh's classmate||Uncredited role|
|2002||Mounam Pesiyadhe||Guest Appearance|
|2003||Student Number 1||Sathya's classamate|
|2005||Sandakozhi||Balu and Kartik's friend||Uncredited role|
|Parattai Engira Azhagu Sundaram||Azhagu Sundaram's friend|
|Raman Thediya Seethai||Ramesh|
|Mynaa||Suruli||Vijay Award for Best Debut Actor|
Norway Tamil Film Festival Award for Best Actor
|Gurusamy||Devotee||Special appearance in the song "Thengaayil Nei"|
|Pattaya Kelappanum Pandiya||Velpandiyan|
|Oru Kidayin Karunai Manu||Ramamurthy|
|Magalir Mattum||Police officer||Guest appearance|
|2018||Billa Pandi||Himself||Guest appearance|
|2019||Chithiram Pesuthadi 2||Thiru|
|Endravadhu Oru Naal||TBA||filming|
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 October 2020. Retrieved 7 November 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "'Mudhal Idam' is AVM's 175th film". The Hindu. 22 January 2011. Archived from the original on 26 October 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Vidharth plays criminal in Tamil 'Kollaikaran'". IBNLive. 11 October 2011. Archived from the original on 24 January 2016. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Myna fame Viddharth in Kaatu Malli". Behindwoods. Archived from the original on 4 February 2012. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- "Actor Vidharth in a controversial subject". Deccan Chronicle. 9 December 2013. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- The author has posted comments on this article (25 July 2013). "Romance on the bus for Vidharth - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 18 May 2018. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "`Aal` first Tamil film shot at India-China border? | Zee News". Zeenews.india.com. 24 July 2014. Archived from the original on 26 November 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- The author has posted comments on this article (24 January 2014). "Vidharth shoots for Kaadu - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 16 December 2014. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- Mannath, Malini (22 November 2014). "A Film with Its heart in the Right Place". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 13 August 2015. Retrieved 26 November 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 1 July 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 September 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)