Victoria Kawesa, (born 12 April 1975 in Uganda) is a Swedish politician and party leader of the Leader of Feminist Initiative. In March 2017, she was elected the leader of the party, along with Gudrun Schyman. Kawesa is the first black party leader in Swedish history. She is a lecturer at Södertörn university.
|Leader of Feminist Initiative|
|Born||12 April 1975|
|Political party||Feminist Initiative|
In April 2017, a police investigation was commenced against Kawesa after she plagiarized a doctoral work and presented large parts as her own research, for which she was given an admonition by Linköping University. She has previously (2013) been reported to have plagiarized another researcher's project application.
- "Swedish party wants to ban deportations - 'since white Swedes are not expelled'". Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- Sputnik. "Feminists Cheer as Ugandan-Swede Is Elected Europe's First Black Party Leader". Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- Radio, Sveriges. "Victoria Kawesa är Sveriges första svarta partiledare - P5 STHLM". Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Södertrörn University". Retrieved 21 May 2017.
- "Porträtt: Svarta kvinnors röster saknas - Nationella sekretariatet för genusforskning". Retrieved 4 April 2017.
- "Kulturprofil anklagar Fi:s ledare för plagiat: ”Har skott sig på andra kvinnor”". Expressen (in Swedish). Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "Partiledare för Fi polisanmäld: Uppenbart brott" (in Swedish). 2017-04-27. Retrieved 2017-05-12.
- "Länsprofil anklagar Fi:s partiledare för brott". Retrieved 2017-05-12.
Media related to Victoria Kawesa at Wikimedia Commons