Vicki Psarias is a filmmaker and blogger based in Windsor, Berkshire, England. She is known as the author of the book Mumboss in the UK and The Working Mom in the US (published in 2020). She is also the founder and editor of Honest Mum, a parenting blog. She is also a filmmaker, writing and directing short films, Broken and Rifts as well as directing and producing TV documentaries, music videos and adverts.
Vicki Psarias / Vicki Broadbent
|Education||Goldsmiths, University of London|
|Occupation||Author, writer, director, filmmaker, blogger Farmer, Jenna (28 June 2010). "10 best business books written by women". Independent. Retrieved 11 July 2019.|
|Known for||Advocating maternal rights|
|Television||Good Morning Britain, BBC Breakfast, BBC World News, Channel 5 News, This Morning, Lorraine, SKY News and E News.|
|Awards||Best Baby & Parent Blog- UK Blog Awards, BritMums Best Blogger, Best Social Media, The Square Mile Magazine Worldspreads 30 Under 30 London Talent Awards, Channel 4 4Talent Award: Best Filmmaker.|
Her MA graduation film, Rifts won awards at film festivals worldwide including the European Commissioned Euromedcafe International Short Film Competition while her subsequent short film Broken was also well received. Vicki worked as a runner, then in development for Redbus (now Lionsgate UK). Post Redbus, she wrote and directed Broken.
From 2004 to 2010, Psarias directed drama, TV documentaries, music videos, and short films. Vicki has won the Channel 4 Talent Award for Best Filmmaker in 2007 and The Square Mile Magazine Worldspreads 30 Under 30 London Talent Awards.
Publication and receptionEdit
Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide To Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home (ISBN 0349416699) was published by Piatkus Publishing. Natasha Courtenay-Smith (author of The Million Dollar Blog) described Mumboss as, ‘If ever there is a person who has shown just how successful you can be online whilst also being an amazing parent it is Vicki. Read, learn and follow. A brilliant book from an inspirational mother.' As per Marie Claire, the book is a ‘a no-nonsense guide to navigating the transition.’
Vicki lives with her husband, Peter Broadbent, and two children, Oliver and Alexander who often appear on TV and online with her.
- Claire, Marie (29 January 2016). "'It's Impossible To Achieve Balance When You Have A Family'". Marie Claire. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- Costa, Monica (17 July 2018). "MumBoss and Honest Mum Vicki Psarias opens her heart to London Mums". London Mums. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- Hoggan, Karen (19 December 2018). "'Being called a mumpreneur is patronising'". Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Vlogger Vicki Psarias opens up about difficult pregnancy". Scotsman. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- Packman, Amy; Psarias, Vicky (25 July 2019). "'I Never Thought I'd Miss Having A Period – And Then They Stopped Completely'". HuffPost UK. Retrieved 28 August 2019.
- "the winners another look 2004". Euro Med Cafe. 28 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- ""Goldsmiths lay the foundations for my career in writing and directing."". Goldsmiths University of London. 28 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Film Details - Broken". British Council. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "INSIDE LIFE: Home is where the inspiration is for film-maker". 12 May 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Chosen by the Independent as one of the 10 best business books written by women". Little Brown. 28 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Mumboss: The Honest Mum's Guide to Surviving and Thriving at Work and at Home". 28 June 2010. Retrieved 11 July 2019.
- "Vicki Psarias - How a Leeds filmmaker bagged a new modelling career". Yorkshire Life. 15 July 2014. Retrieved 11 July 2019.