A Vichy shower, also known as an affusion shower, is a kind of shower used in spas, featuring a horizontal bar with five to seven shower heads, or holes. Large quantities of warm water are poured over a spa patron while he or she lies in a shallow wet bed, similar to a massage table, but with drainage for the water. The patron typically lies on their back first, and then is rolled onto their stomach.
- Mernagh-Ward, Dawn; Cartwright, Jennifer (2004). Health and Beauty Therapy: A Practical Approach for NVQ. ISBN 9780748790357.
- Williams, Anne (2007). Spa Bodywork: A Guide for Massage Therapists. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 9780781755788.
- Brown, Anitra. "What Is A Vichy Shower?". about travel. About.com. Retrieved 2015-09-24.
- Miller, Erica T. (1996). SalonOvations' Day Spa Techniques. Cengage Learning. ISBN 1562532618.
- Whitney, Nicole. "What Are the Benefits of a Vichy Shower?". LEAFtv. Retrieved 11 June 2020.