Vice (Miranda Lambert song)
"Vice" is a song recorded by American country music artist Miranda Lambert. It was released to radio on July 18, 2016, as the lead single from Lambert's sixth studio album The Weight of These Wings (2016). The song was written by Lambert, Josh Osborne and Shane McAnally. "Vice" debuted at number two on the Hot Country Songs chart in August 2016. "Vice" was ranked at number 31 on Rolling Stone's "50 Best Songs of 2016" list.
Single art cover
|Single by Miranda Lambert|
|from the album The Weight of These Wings|
|Released||July 18, 2016|
|Miranda Lambert singles chronology|
In the United States, "Vice" had an opening week sales of 64,000 copies and 14.6 million audience impression, prompting it to debut at number 2 on the Hot Country Songs chart, becoming her highest debuting single on that chart, beating the number five debut of "Somethin' Bad." It also debuted at number 18 on the Country Airplay chart, beating the number 26 debut of "Automatic" as her highest debut on that chart. Concurrently, it debuted at number 47 on the Billboard Hot 100. It ultimately went on to peak at number 11 on the Country Airplay chart.
As of March 2017, the song has sold 508,000 copies in the United States.
The music video was directed by Trey Fanjoy and premiered in September 2016. The video begins surveying a wrecked car which Lambert eventually stumbles out of. She is then shown walking down a country road away from the accident and eventually comes to a small town where she stops in a bar for a drink. She then continues to walk until she comes to a crossroads, where a car similar to the one from the beginning of the video pulls up without a driver behind the wheel. She gets into the backseat of the car and the video ends with it driving away.
|2017||Grammy Awards||Best Country Solo Performance||Nominated|
|Best Country Song||Nominated|
|ACM Awards||Video of the Year||Nominated|
|Single Record of the Year||Nominated|
|Song of the Year||Nominated|
|CMT Music Awards||Video of the Year||Nominated|
|Female Video of the Year||Nominated|
Year end chartsEdit
|Canada (Music Canada)||Gold||40,000|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||508,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Whitaker, Sterling (September 13, 2016). "Miranda Lambert Announces Details for New Album, 'The Weight of These Wings'". Taste of Country. Townsquare Media. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "Hot Country Songs" (The Week Of August 6, 2016). Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- "50 Best Songs of 2016". Rolling Stone. November 30, 2016. Retrieved November 30, 2016.
- Bjorke, Matt (March 6, 2017). "Top 30 Digital Singles Sales Report: March 6, 2017". Roughstock.
- "CMT : Videos : Miranda Lambert : Vice". Country Music Television. Retrieved September 9, 2016.
- "Grammy Awards 2017: See the Full Winners List". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved February 12, 2017.
- Stefano, Angela (February 16, 2017). "2017 ACM Awards Nominees — Full List". The Boot. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- Stefano, Angela (June 7, 2017). "2017 CMT Music Awards Winners List". The Boot. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Canadian Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved September 13, 2016.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Canada Country)". Billboard. Retrieved October 12, 2016.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Country Airplay)". Billboard. Retrieved October 4, 2016.
- "Miranda Lambert Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved July 26, 2016.
- "Country Airplay: Year End 2016". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "Hot Country Songs: Year End 2016". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved January 5, 2017.
- "Canadian single certifications – Miranda Lambert – Vice". Music Canada. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- "American single certifications – Miranda Lambert – Vice". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved October 11, 2017. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.