Verza at Almería in 2013
|Full name||José Antonio García Rabasco|
|Date of birth||29 September 1986|
|Place of birth||Orihuela, Spain|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|2005||→ Recreativo (loan)||15||(0)|
|2007||→ Orihuela (loan)||18||(4)|
|2017–2018||→ Almería (loan)||24||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 4 June 2019|
Born in Orihuela, Alicante, Verza finished his formation with Villarreal CF's youth system, going on to appear several years with the reserves in the lower leagues. On 22 June 2003, he made his first-team – and La Liga – debut, playing the last 20 minutes in a 1–4 home loss against Real Betis.
In January 2007, after being sparingly used by the Andalusians, Verza moved to Orihuela CF on loan, signing permanently in July. After a one and a half years with the Valencian club, he signed a two-year deal with Albacete Balompié in the second level.
In the following years, Verza was an undisputed starter for the Castile-La Mancha side but, after its relegation in 2011, he terminated his contract and signed with fellow league team UD Almería shortly after.
Verza appeared in 40 league matches in his second season (plus four in the play-offs), helping the Rojiblancos return to the main division after a two-year absence. He played his first game in the competition in more than one decade on 19 August, starting in a 2–3 home loss to former club Villarreal, and scored his first goal late in the month by netting from the penalty spot in a 2–2 home draw against Elche CF.
On 8 February 2014, Verza grabbed a brace at the Estadio de los Juegos Mediterráneos to help hand Atlético Madrid its second consecutive loss of the campaign, scoring the final 2–0 through a penalty. On 7 February of the following year, he scored an own goal and a penalty in a 1–1 home draw against Getafe CF for the Copa del Rey.
On 29 August 2018, Verza terminated his contract with the Granotes, and joined second division side CF Rayo Majadahonda two days later. The following 19 July, after suffering relegation, he signed a two-year deal with third division side FC Cartagena.
- Villarreal 1–4 Betis Sevilla Archived 26 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine; ESPN FC, 22 June 2003
- Valero y Verza fueron presentados (Valero and Verza were presented); Mundo Deportivo, 3 February 2005 (in Spanish)
- El Córdoba ficha a Juan Navarro, Verza y Jonathan (Córdoba sign Juan Navarro, Verza and Jonathan); Diario de Córdoba, 22 July 2005 (in Spanish)
- El Córdoba cede a Verza al Orihuela (Córdoba loan Verza to Orihuela); Marca, 8 January 2007 (in Spanish)
- Verza ficha por el Albacete (Verza signs for Albacete); Marca, 1 July 2008 (in Spanish)
- Verza rescinde su contrato y Kike se marcha al Tenerife (Verza terminates his contract and Kike goes to Tenerife) Archived 22 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine; La Verdad, 21 June 2011 (in Spanish)
- Verza se convierte en el primer refuerzo del Almería (Verza becomes Almería's first addition); Marca, 29 June 2011 (in Spanish)
- Valiant Villarreal open with win Archived 18 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine; ESPN FC, 19 August 2013
- Almeria denied first win Archived 10 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine; ESPN FC, 30 August 2013
- "Ádiós liderato, hola dudas" [Goodbye first place, hello doubts] (in Spanish). Marca. 8 February 2014. Retrieved 17 February 2014.
- Egea, Pablo (7 January 2015). "Verza deja todo abierto para la vuelta" [Verza leaves everything open for the second leg] (in Spanish). Marca. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "El Levante UD llega a un principio de acuerdo con Verza para las cuatro próximas temporadas" [Levante UD reaches agreement in principle with Verza for the following four seasons] (in Spanish). Levante UD. 8 June 2015. Archived from the original on 11 June 2015. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "El Almería cierra el fichaje de Verza que volverá a vestir de rojiblanco" [Almería complete the signing of Verza who will wear red-and-white again] (in Spanish). UD Almería. 31 August 2017. Retrieved 1 September 2017.
- "Verza se desvincula del Levante" [Verza cuts ties with Levante] (in Spanish). Levante UD. 29 August 2018. Retrieved 30 August 2018.
- "Verza y Ramírez completan la plantilla del Rayo Majadahonda" [Verza and Ramírez complete the squad of Rayo Majadahonda] (in Spanish). Diario AS. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 31 August 2018.
- "'Verza' refuerzo de lujo para el centro del campo albinegro" ['Verza' luxury addition for the black-and-white centre of midfield] (in Spanish). FC Cartagena. 19 July 2019. Retrieved 24 July 2019.