Vengeance (1958 film)
Vengeance (Spanish: La venganza) is a 1958 Spanish drama film directed by Juan Antonio Bardem. It was co-produced with Italy, starring Italian Raf Vallone. Francisco Rabal narrates the film. It was shown at the 1958 Cannes Film Festival but not released in Spain until the following year. The film had serious troubles with Spanish censorship. Bardem even went to prison and it was an international scandal. It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Juan Antonio Bardem|
|Produced by||Cesáreo González|
Manuel J. Goyanes
|Written by||Juan Antonio Bardem|
|Narrated by||Francisco Rabal|
|Music by||Isidro B. Maiztegui|
|Edited by||Margarita de Ochoa|
- Carmen Sevilla as Andrea Díaz
- Raf Vallone as Luis 'El Torcido'
- Jorge Mistral as Juan Díaz
- José Prada as Santiago 'El Viejo'
- Manuel Alexandre as Pablo 'El Tinorio'
- Manuel Peiró as Maxi 'El Chico'
- Conchita Bautista as Cantante
- José Marco Davó
- Rafael Bardem
- Maria Zanoli
- Xan das Bolas as Segador gallego
- Rufino Inglés
- Ángel Álvarez
- Goyo Lebrero
- José Riesgo
- "Festival de Cannes: Vengeance". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 2009-02-14.
- "The 31st Academy Awards (1959) Nominees and Winners". oscars.org. Retrieved 2011-10-27.
|This article related to a Spanish film of the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|