Velibor Gligorić (Ripanj, 27 July 1899 – Belgrade, 3 October 1977) was a Serbian university professor, literary and theatre critic, magazine editor and president of Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts.
He was born to Dimitrije Gligorić Sokoljanin, a teacher from Ljubovija, and mother Stana born Đurđević, a teacher from Novi Sad. He began law studies in France and graduated in Belgrade in 1924. After the graduation, he worked for fifteen years as an official at the Ministry of Trade and Industry of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia. Following World War II Gligorić served as Director of the National Theatre in Belgrade and as the director of the Yugoslav Drama Theatre in Belgrade for a period of ten years (1948-1958).
He was awarded the Vuk's award, 7 July Prize, AVNOJ award, Order for the People with the Golden Star, Order of the Republic with a golden wreath, Order of Fraternity and Unity and Order of labour.
He was married to Savka, a professor at the Faculty of Economics in Belgrade. Gligorić is buried in the Alley of Distinguished Citizens at the Belgrade New Cemetery.
- Kritike, 1945.
- Srpski realisti, 1960.
- U Vihoru, fragmenti, ogledi, studije, 1962.
- Ogledi i studije, 1963.
- Branislav Nušić, 1964.
- Portreti, Beograd, 1965.
- Hronika jednog doba, 1965.
- Jakov Ignjatović, predavanje održano na Kolarčevom narodnom univerzitetu, 1949.
- Kritički radovi Velibora Gligorića, 1983.
- "Kratka istorija jugoslovenskih književnih polemika | B E T O N :: KULTURNO PROPAGANDNI KOMPLET". www.elektrobeton.net. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "70 GODINA ČASOPISA "KNJIŽEVNOST" | Prosveta". www.prosveta.rs. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Member". www.vi.sanu.ac.rs. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- историју, MK Фондација; Српски Легат; Заборављене, Њихово Достојанство И. Националне Вредности Које Су Временом Потиснуте И. Делимично. "Умро је књижевни и позоришни критичар, историчар књижевности и академик Велибор Глигорић". Фондација Српски легат (in Serbian). Retrieved 6 January 2019.