Vatlur railway station
Vatlur railway station (station code:VAT) serves the village of Vatluru in Andhra Pradesh, India. It is on the Howrah–Chennai main line around 8 km from Eluru railway station. It is under Vijayawada division of South Central Railway.
|Indian Railways station|
|Location||Vijayawada Road, Vatluru, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh|
|Elevation||16 metres (52 ft)|
|Owned by||Indian Railways|
|Operated by||South Central Railway|
|Line(s)||Howrah–Chennai main line|
|Zone(s)||South Central Railway|
|Previous names||Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway|
It has two platforms, serving up and down trains. It has a general ticket booking counter. First platform has cement seatings for passengers. It also has a general waiting hall on first platform. Local passenger trains stop at this station.
In terms of earnings and outward passengers handled, Vatlur is categorized as a Non-Suburban Grade-6 (NSG-6) railway station. Based on the re–categorization of Indian Railway stations for the period of 2017–18 and 2022–23, an NSG–6 category station earns nearly ₹1 crore and handles close to 1 million passengers.
- "Distances in kilometers between stations on the Nuzvid–Navabpalem section" (PDF). Indian Railways. 12 September 2009. p. 44. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "Stations on the Nuzvid–Navabpalem section" (PDF). Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry. Ministry of Indian Railways. 12 September 2009. p. 6. Retrieved 23 June 2017.
- "IR History Part VII (2000-present)". IRFCA. Retrieved 23 January 2013.
- "Stations – Category-wise (NEW)". Portal of Indian Railways. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Categorization of Railway Stations". Press Information Bureau. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2019.
|Preceding station||Indian Railways||Following station|
|South Central Railway zone||