Valerie Loker (born May 1, 1980 in Brantford, Ontario) is a Canadian badminton player. She won a silver medal, along with her partner Mike Beres in the mixed doubles at the 2007 Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, against the winning U.S. pair Howard Bach and Eva Lee, with a score of 18–21 and 17–21. Loker is also a member of Club Excellence Yonex Laval in Montreal, Quebec, and is coached and trained by Jean-Paul Girard.
|Born||1 May 1980|
|Height||1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)|
|Weight||71 kg (157 lb)|
Loker qualified for the mixed doubles at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, by placing fifteenth and receiving an allocated spot from the Badminton World Federation's ranking list. Playing with three-time Olympian Beres, Loker lost the preliminary round match to Thai pair Sudket Prapakamol and Saralee Thoungthongkam, with a score of 9–21 each in two straight periods.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Valerie Loker". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Bach's busy day: Gold and silver in badminton". USA Today. 18 May 2007. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Canada adds 13 medals to Pan Am Games haul". Canwest News Service. Canada.com. 19 July 2007. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Une longue route vers les Olympiques pour Valérie Loker" [A long road to the Olympics for Valerie Loker] (in French). Courrier Laval. 27 December 2007. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- O'Leary, Ed (7 August 2008). "Big year pays off with Beijing berth". Brantford Expositor. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Mixed Doubles Round of 16". NBC Olympics. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- "Canadians out of badminton mixed doubles". CBC Sports. 12 August 2008. Retrieved 24 February 2013.
- Official website
- Valerie Loker at BWF.tournamentsoftware.com
- Valerie Loker at BWFbadminton.com
- Valerie Loker at the Canadian Olympic Committee
- Valerie Loker at the Commonwealth Games Federation
- Valerie Loker at the International Olympic Committee
- Valerie Loker at Olympics at Sports-Reference.com
- NBC Olympics profile