Véro Tshanda Beya Mputu
Véronique Tshanda Beya Mputu is a Congolese actress. She won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role by playing the title character in Felicite.
Véro Tshanda Beya
Véronique Tshanda Beya Mbupu
In 2017, she starred in Felicite, which screened at 67th Berlin International Film Festival. Describing her role, she explained that she was excited about the idea of playing a role the depicts women as being self-reliant and not depending on men to get things done. She won best actress category at Africa Movie Academy Awards in Lagos, Nigeria. The film was also submitted as the Senegalese entry to the 90th Academy Awards, becoming the first film from the country to be submitted in the history of the award ceremony. The Times noted her performance in the film as a main high-point of the film, describing it as "heroic and award-winning".
- "4 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT VÉRO TSHANDA BEYA MPUTU, FROM THE STREETS OF KINSHASA TO "FÉLICITÉ"". intothechic.com (French). Retrieved 2017-11-10.
- "Felicite". Berlinale. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "Félicité: An interview with star Véro Tshanda Beya Mputu". theupcoming.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- "VERO TSHANDA WINS BEST ACTRESS FOR "FÉLICITÉ" AT AMAA 2017". Trybe TV. Retrieved 2017-11-01.
- Orubo, Daniel. "Here Are All The African Films Vying For 2018's Foreign Language Oscar". konbini.com. Retrieved 2017-11-10.
- "Film review: Félicité". The Times UK. Retrieved 2017-11-10.