|— Wikipedian ♂ —|
|Name in real life||Nick Nolte (seriously!)|
|Current location||Grand Island, NE|
|Time zone||Central Time Zone|
|Education and employment|
|Education||Bachelor of Science|
|University||Central Michigan University|
|Hobbies, favourites and beliefs|
|Hobbies||Storm chasing, Road Tripping|
|Joined||November 2, 2005|
|First edit||January 12, 2006|
Welcome to my user page! My handle on here is Strato|sphere but my real name is Nick. I've been on Wikipedia for over 14 years! My main interests on here are articles related to the transportation networks of the United States, specifically highways in Michigan and Nebraska as well as articles related to meteorology and storm chasing.
I was born in Iowa, but moved to Michigan when I was still a toddler. I've spent most of my life in Michigan where I attended Central Michigan University and graduated Summa Cum Laude with a B.S. Degree in Computer Science & Geographic Information Sciences. I worked for a local municipality as a GIS Analyst until October 2016 when I moved to Nebraska to become a GIS Coordinator.
When the weather permits, I am an avid storm chaser. I began storm chasing in 2010 when I took a 3-week vacation to the Great Plains in search of supercells and tornadoes! On my first chase day I intercepted a tornado near Wakita, Oklahoma during the May 10–13, 2010 tornado outbreak on May 10th and since then I've logged over 130,000 miles (209,215 km) and spotted 71 tornadoes! I enjoy severe weather and chasing so much I moved to Nebraska in 2016!
Memorable Chase EventsEdit
Here's a quick list of a few storm chases that I put on the top of my list as most memorable:
- May 22, 2010 - saw 4 tornadoes that day including the EF-4 wedge near Bowdle.
- May 24, 2010 - saw 2 tornadoes during the May 24, 2010 in South Dakota, an EF-2 tornado near Howes with a satellite rope tornado
- June 5, 2010 - saw 3 tornadoes during the June 5–6, 2010 tornado outbreak including an EF-2 that hit Elmwood, Illinois
- April 14, 2012 - saw 3 tornadoes on 3 separate supercells during the April 13–16, 2012 tornado outbreak in Kansas including the EF-4 north of Lyons, Kansas
- May 18, 2013 - saw 2 tornadoes during the May 18-21, 2013 tornado outbreak including the EF-4 near Rozel, Kansas
- May 31, 2013 - saw 2 tornadoes during the historic 2013 El Reno tornado event
- November 17, 2013 - saw the EF-4 that tracked from East Peoria to Long Point, IL during the November 17, 2013 tornado outbreak
- May 9, 2015 - saw 7 tornadoes during the May 9, 2015 outbreak, 5 in Colorado and 2 in Kansas
- May 24, 2016 - saw 11 tornadoes on the prolific cyclic tornadic supercell near Dodge City, Kansas during the May 22–26, 2016 tornado outbreak sequence
- June 6, 2018 - witnessed the amazing supercell and long track tornado at Laramie, Wyoming
What userpage is complete without userboxes and awards?Edit