|Me (circa 2005)|
The ant has made himself illustrious
Through constant industry industrious.
Would you be calm and placid
If you were full of formic acid?
-- Ogden Nash
Seth Anthony (leave a message at the sound of the tone) is
- a Wikipedian (user #35314, since 20 December 2003) and a Wikipedia administrator (since 19 March 2004).
- a resident of Klamath Falls, Oregon and assistant professor of chemistry at Oregon Institute of Technology (since 16 September 2011).
- a genuine living, breathing human being (since 26 November 1982)
- "...just another guy with weird philosophical objections... which I cannot profess to understand." - Fennec
- in agreement with Jengod in saying "Semicolons are my favoritest punctuation..."
- one of the "oddly freakish people who are exceptional." - User:Menchi
- "prefer[s] to work behind the scenes. The reward is nearly as great, and the risk far, far less." - Londo Mollari, in Babylon 5: "The Coming of Shadows," written by J. Michael Straczynski
You can reach me by posting a message on my Wikipedia talk page, or sending an email to seth (dot) anthony (at) gmail (dot) com.
Wikipedia Meets Real LifeEdit
- Everyone on Wikipedia should read Charles van Doren's 1963 essay "The Idea of an Encyclopedia." Since it's kinda hard to come by, I've posted pics of it here: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
- I presented a talk at the 2006 Wikimania in Boston titled "Contribution patterns among active Wikipedians: Finding and keeping content creators," and a talk at the 2007 Wikimania in Taipei titled "Where Have All The Writers Gone: The Diversion, Distraction and Departure of Wiki "Content Creators"＂
Works in ProgressEdit
Past Major ProjectsEdit
- User:Sethant/Colorado - Wikipedia articles for members of the Colorado General Assembly, including GAs ( ) for Douglas Bruce, Ellen Roberts, Joe Rice, Dan Gibbs, Don Marostica, and John Kefalas. (2008-2010)
- Caroline Island - ( , 31 July 2006)
- The Dot Project: creating dot-maps for Rambot U.S. location articles. Since superceded by people who make spiffier maps than I do.
- Sethbot: a bot creating redirects with U.S. postal abbreviations (so Bolivia, TN redirects to Bolivia, Tennessee, for instance). Hasn't run in a while, but was, in June 2005, on its second pass through the alphabet, somewhere around D.
- 2005 College of Cardinals: wrote articles for every remaning cardinal elector at the 2005 papal conclave (April 2005)
- U.S. County Redirects: created redirects and disambiguation pages from "Name County" to "Name County, State," for all U.S. counties. (completed, late March 2004)
- North Carolina General Assembly: stub bios of all current NCGA members, with pics. (completed, early February 2004)
- U.S. Executions since 1976: list of all executed prisoners in the U.S. since 1976, by state. (completed, December 2003)
Nobody has given you a BarnStar! Insane. Do I need to even give a reason? This says it all really. Thanks! Tom- 23:13, 4 May 2004 (UTC)
You can use any of my text submissions to Wikipedia freely, with no restrictions. I try to remember to tag all the images I take myself as public domain, but some (like the dot-maps) are adapted from other (more restricted) sources. When in doubt, ask me, and I'll probably tell you it's PD.
|Multi-licensed into the public domain|
|I agree to multi-license my eligible text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and into the public domain. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions in the public domain, please check the multi-licensing guide.|
|Multi-licensed with any Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike License|
|I agree to multi-license my text contributions, unless otherwise stated, under Wikipedia's copyright terms and the Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license draft version 1.0 and version 2.0 and the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share-Alike license version 2.0. Please be aware that other contributors might not do the same, so if you want to use my contributions under the Creative Commons terms, please check the CC dual-license and Multi-licensing guides.|
|Licensing rights granted to Wikimedia Foundation|
|I grant non-exclusive permission for the Wikimedia Foundation Inc. to relicense my text contributions under any copyleft license that it chooses, provided it maintains the free and open spirit of the GFDL. This permission acknowledges that future licensing needs of the Wikimedia projects may need adapting in unforeseen fashions to facilitate other uses, formats, and locations. It is given for as long as this banner remains.|