Mass shooting defn =Edit
|Source||Minimum number of people shot||Excludes perpetrator||Public place||Same location||Roughly the same time||Exclusions|
|Stanford University MSA Data Project||3||?||Organized crime, gangs, drug wars|
|Mass Shooting Tracker||4||N||?|
|Gun Violence Archive/Vox||4||?|
|The Washington Post||4||?|
|Congressional Research Service||4 (shot and killed)||?||?||Gang-related, profit-motivated|
George Floyd protests deathsEdit
|2020-05-27||Minneapolis||MN||Calvin Horton Jr.||Fatally shot during a protest by a local shopowner was arrested, and police sources indicated that the suspect had blamed Horton for the looting of his store.|
|2020-05-30||St. Louis||MO||Unknown||Dragged between the wheels of a FedEx truck trailer that, according to police, was fleeing from a mob.|
|2020-05-30||Omaha||NB||James Scurlock||Shot outside of a bar by the owner, who had a scuffle with a group of protesters. Two days later, it was announced by authorities that there will be no charges for the bar's owner and that he had opened fire in self-defense.|
|2020-06-01||Louisville||KY||David McAtee||Louisville Metro Police and the Kentucky National Guard opened fire on a crowd of protesters. These authorities alleged that they returned fire after shots were fired at them. According to the victim's sister, the gathering was not a protest but rather a regularly scheduled social gathering at which McAtee served food from his barbecue restaurant. An investigation of the killing is ongoing. LMPD Chief Steve Conrad was fired later that day, as officers and troops involved in the shooting did not wear or failed to activate body cameras.|
|2020-06-01||Davenport||IA||Two unknown||Two people shot on a night with significant rioting. One police officer was also wounded in a shooting.|
|2020-06-01||Cicero||IL||Two unknown||Killed following an "afternoon of unrest" but no "additional information about those killed or the circumstances of their deaths" was provided.|
|2020-06-01||Las Vegas||NV||Unknown||Police shot and killed an armed man wearing body armor. The man was walking among protesters as a demonstration was coming to an end and allegedly reached for his weapon when he was shot.|
|2020-06-02||Philadelphia||PA||Unknown||Protester shot by the owner of the gun shop Firing Line Inc. while trying to break into the store.|
|2020-06-02||St. Louis||MO||David Dorn||A 77-year-old retired police captain was shot by looters at a pawn shop.|
|2020-06-02||Philadelphia||PA||Unknown||A 24-year-old looter was killed by police after exploding an ATM machine and attempting to run away with its cash.|
- Four more deaths, including that of a police officer, were reported on during the protests, but investigations were ongoing into whether those deaths were related to the unrest.
- In Richmond, Virginia in the early hours of June 2, two Richmond police officers were shot and injured while responding to a 911 call reporting gunfire. Waseem A. Hackett, a 19-year-old male with no known permanent address was charged with malicious wounding of a law enforcement officer and use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
- "Man shot dead outside Lake Street pawnshop during unrest is identified". Star Tribune.
- Sanders, Nicole (May 31, 2020). "Man dragged by FedEx truck dies during night of George Floyd protests in St. Louis". The Mercury News.
- Meadows, Danielle (May 31, 2020). "Omaha Police investigate Saturday night shooting death of protester". 3 News Now KMTV. Retrieved May 31, 2020.
- Jessie Yeung; Steve George; Nick Thompson; Melissa Macaya; Meg Wagner; Mike Hayes; Daniella Diaz (June 1, 2020). "Live updates: George Floyd protests across America". CNN.
- Wise, John P. (June 1, 2020). "Man shot dead at 26th and Broadway identified". WAVE3 News. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- Burnside, Tina; Henderson, Jennifer (June 1, 2020). "Man dead in Kentucky after authorities fired at crowd as they cleared parking lot". CNN. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- "One dead in Louisville after police and National Guard 'return fire' on crowd". NBC News. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
- Wise, John P. "Louisville mayor fires police chief". www.wkyt.com.
- Joens, Philip. "2 people dead after rioting in Davenport; police officer shot after being 'ambushed'". Des Moines Register.
- "George Floyd fallout: 2 killed as unrest erupts in Cicero; Pritzker deploys National Guard to suburbs; 7 counties declared a disaster zone; CTA again suspends service". Chicago Tribune. Chicago, Illinois. June 2, 2020. Retrieved June 2, 2020.
- "Two killed in Chicago suburb as Trump threatens military force—Al Jazeera Live". Al Jazeera English. Doha, Qatar. June 2, 2020. Retrieved June 2, 2020.
- Komenda, Ed. "Las Vegas protest rolling updates: Officer in critical condition after shot by a protester". Reno Gazette Journal.
- Martinez-Valle, Miguel; Stamm, Dan (June 2, 2020). "South Philly Gun Shop Owner Shoots, Kills Looter, Police Say". WCAU.
- Press, The Associated. "Police: Retired St. Louis police captain killed amid unrest". Seymour Tribune.
- Cite error: The named reference
Johnson 2020was invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Cite error: The named reference
APtollwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- Doss, Victoria. "19-year-old suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Richmond". nbc12.com.
- "Two Richmond police officers, suspect shot". WTVR. June 2, 2020.
- "19-year-old charged in overnight shootout in Richmond's Southside that injured 2 RPD officers". June 2, 2020.