|Search user languages|
|Search user languages|
Besides being a librarian, I've published a book on children's literature, written local history, studied art history and southern sami history, and currently reviews children's literature for Aftenposten. Outside Wikipedia, I am also subject editor on Literature of Finland, Children's literature and the geography of Trøndelag in Store Norske Leksikon.
You can find my (norwegian) blog on children's literature at barnasforfatterleksikon.wordpress
Most of my contributions is on no:, where I'm an administrator. I've made significant contributions to more than 90 FA/GA/FL-articles in no:wp: literature, art, politics, biography, geography, history and even zoogeography.
I only contribute occasionally to en:wp, mostly in connection with matters that I work on at no:. On en: I have completed List of people on stamps of Norway, List of people on stamps of the Faroe Islands and Template:Hans Christian Andersen Medal.
When expanding the article sami drum in july-september 2015 - based on my own FA from no:, I started related articles as The Nærøy manuscript, Ernst Manker, Várjjat Sámi Musea, K.B. Wiklund, Samuel Rheen. My aim was to start these as well: Bindal drum, Isaac Olsen, Anders Paulsen, Freavnantjahke gievrie, Vuorbi.
Some interwiki-spamming casesEdit
- february 2007. Mehmet Murat İldan; see also A_statement_in_the_Ildan_case and latin discussion page with quote: «I've looked around a bit more now. Yes, it was self-promotion. I think I should take Ildan's correspondence course»
- june 2008. Rubén Serrano; quote: «This biography has got it all: heavy namedropping as sources for inspiration, selfpromotion all over wikipedia, no significant publisher, and use of charity as a means to advocate ones authorship»; see also es:Café.
As of nov 2010: Reduced from ca 57 to 7 remaining
- december 2008. Artur Balder and Curdy; see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Curdy and portugese.
As of Jan 14th 2009: 41 deleted, 21 remains of Balder article; 30 deleted, 8 remains of Curdy article
As of nov 2010: 52 deleted, 10 remains of Balder article; 33 deleted, 5 remains of Curdy article
As of jan 2011: Balders carreer has widened, and his biography survived a new deletion talk. He is now, with fair reason, back in the encyclopedia.
As of march 2013: Lolox76 (talk · contribs) has iniated another crosswikicampaign; see: 6 new languages in 4 days and toolserver on Lolox76
- january 2009. Guity Novin. See simple:Talk:Guity Novin/Archive 1; the problem here was part interwikispamming, part the promotional language used. Reduced from ca 30 languages to ca 14.
- january 2009. Lola Pagnani. She has an wp-article in 43 languages, even though this italian actress has hardly played outside Italy. In comparision Roberto Benigni appears in 34 and Isabella Rossellini i 19 languages. My first impression was that this was self-promotion, but it has now come to my knowledge that the article, and the wide distribution of it, was made as a gift from a italian wikipedian to this actress, because it was christmas, and because she was expecting a baby. (See Whi_Lola_Pagnani_was_removed?). Seriously!!
The same user Special:Contributions/Luigi_Salvatore_Vadacchino have also spread Radio Studio 54 Network to 149 languages.
- june 2010. The biography of Subhash Kak is distributed in a remarkably high number of editions; often by Single Purpose Users, and often with no other articles linking to it. While he is doubtlessly notable in lager editions, the high distribution must IMHO be considered a minor spamming campaign.
- november 2010. Zbigniew Wasiel / Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Zbigniew Wąsiel is a "contemporary Polish artist and sculptor, who creates installations, video objects, artistic arrangements and performances". Spammed into more than 30 languages, which makes him the most famous polish sculptor ever, judged by the number of iw. Most of the articles seem to have been made by User:Maxxii; who must be either very good in very many languages, or very skilled in google translate; though generally he hasn't made many other contributions around wp than just the world famous mr Wasiel. Look at nl:Overleg gebruiker:Maxxii for a good checkuser overview in this case.
As of Nov 24rd; reduced from ca 34 editions to 4. Deleted in de, en and even pl, among others. User and sockpuppets blocked.
As of march 2016: 2 remains of Q4346150
- march 2016. IMMAGINE&POESIA. Already deleted in english, french, german, swedish, norwegian and even on the italian (!) wiki, and is discussed other places as well. Most part of the campaign is performed by only 3 users Angler45 (talk · contribs), Alessandroga80 (talk · contribs) and Aeron10 (talk · contribs). This campaign also includes a photo hoax; photoshopped to give the impression that two representatives from I&P met the known poet Ferlinghetti. See commons:Commons:Deletion requests/File:Ferlinghetti meets Immagine&Poesia representatives.jpg. One of the contributors wrote to me "I am also sure that now you understand that this global persecution has been a big mistake in your career on wikipedia and you don't know how to withdraw." That was a nice insult in its paternalistic way, but compared to the accusations in previous anti spamming cases about rasism and hate of whole nations, it is still a long way to go.
As of 12.03.2016: reduced from 69 to 54 languages in 2 weeks
As of 16.03.2016: Reduced to 28 languages
As of 30.04.2016: Reduced to 17 languages
- On the list of strange but so far accepted crosswiki-initiatives one might list Kurów and True Jesus Church
- User:Víctor_Alexis_Cantillano_Oviedo has distributed short biographies about some chilean artists into languages unfamiliar to him, way beyond their significance. This should have been stopped, but so far I've made no further efforts than in no:wp and nn:wp
- Château de Montsoreau-Museum of Contemporary Art had a remarkable boom in october-november 2019, when Philippe49730 (talk · contribs), who is probably also Philippe Méaille, spread his message to many new languages
One of the remarkable things about such interwikispamming (or vanispamcruftisement) cases is that not all editions are equally interested in responding against it. National languages in western Europe seem to be stricter than minority languages. It is easier to stop spam on en/fr/de than to get something deleted on the eastern european languages or in western european minority languages. Perhaps small Wikipedia editions are so happy for every article in their language that they are willing to be soft on spam?