Unleashed (Toby Keith album)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Unleashed is the seventh studio album by American country music singer Toby Keith, released in 2002 on DreamWorks Records Nashville. Certified 4× platinum for sales of four million copies in the U.S., the album produced four hit singles on the Hot Country Songs charts: "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)", "Who's Your Daddy?", "Rock You Baby", and "Beer for My Horses". All of these singles reached number one on the Hot Country Songs charts, except "Rock You Baby" which peaked at number 13.
|Studio album by Toby Keith|
|Released||July 23, 2002|
|Toby Keith chronology|
|Singles from Unleashed|
|E! Online||C |
|Entertainment Weekly||C+ |
|The Village Voice||(positive) |
Upon reaching number one in 2003, the track "Beer for My Horses" became Keith's biggest number one hit, spending six weeks at the top of the charts. A duet with Willie Nelson, the song also made Nelson the oldest male country singer to reach the top of the country charts at the time.
All songs written by Toby Keith and Scotty Emerick unless noted otherwise.
- "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)" (Toby Keith) - 3:15
- "Who's Your Daddy?" (Keith) - 3:57
- "Good to Go to Mexico" (Keith, Chuck Cannon) - 2:59
- "It's All Good" - 3:17
- "Beer for My Horses" (featuring Willie Nelson) - 3:30
- "Losing My Touch" - 3:14
- "Huckleberry" (Keith, Cannon) - 3:28
- "It Works for Me" - 3:03
- "Ain't It Just Like You" - 3:59
- "Rock You Baby" - 4:01
- "Rodeo Moon" (Keith, Chris LeDoux) - 3:53
- "That's Not How It Is" - 3:41
- "Live Introduction By Toby Keith of 'Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)'" - 1:29
- Some editions of the CD do not include Track 13
- Chris Collins - acoustic guitar, mandolin
- Scotty Emerick - acoustic guitar, background vocals
- Kim Fleming - background vocals
- Shannon Forrest - drums
- Paul Franklin - steel guitar
- Vickie Hampton - background vocals
- Mike Haynes - trumpet
- Wes Hightower - background vocals
- Clayton Ivey - keyboards, piano
- Toby Keith - lead vocals
- Jerry McPherson - electric guitar
- Liana Manis - background vocals
- Brent Mason - electric guitar
- Steve Nathan - keyboards, piano
- Willie Nelson - duet vocals on "Beer for My Horses"
- Michael Rhodes - bass guitar
- John "JR" Robinson - drums
- John Wesley Ryles - background vocals
- Michael Thompson - electric guitar
- Biff Watson - acoustic guitar
- Lari White - background vocals
- Curtis Young - background vocals
|U.S. Billboard Top Country Albums||1|
|U.S. Billboard 200||1|
- "Unleashed by Toby Keith".
- Allmusic review
- "Billboard review". Archived from the original on August 6, 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-30.
- Christgau, Robert (April 22, 2003). "Not Hop, Stomp". The Village Voice. New York. Archived from the original on February 9, 2013. Retrieved February 9, 2013.
- "Toby Keith: Unleashed". 2 March 2003.
- "Rolling Stone review". Archived from the original on December 1, 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-07.
- "The Village Voice review".