United States Champion Jockey by wins
There is no formal championship award given to the jockey who won the most races in United States Thoroughbred racing. However, it is a prestigious accomplishment always on any jockey's résumé and widely reported on by the various media.
- In 1952, Anthony DeSpirito won 390 races, breaking Walter Miller's forty-six-year-old record of 388.
- On December 15, 1973 Sandy Hawley became the first jockey in history to win 500 races in a single year.
- In 1989, Kent Desormeaux set the current record for wins in a single calendar year with 598. 
- With ten championships, Russell Baze has won the title more than any other jockey.
|Champions since 1884|
|Year – Jockey – Wins|
- *Often recorded misspelled as "Ranch"
- Churchill Downs Incorporated. kenuckyderby.com Annual Leading Jockeys Retrieved June 23, 2018