União Brasileira de Compositores was founded in June 22 of 1942 as a union, specialized in the administration of the rights of musical composers, mainly aiming at the defense and distribution of royalties income, and cultural development.
Its members include composers, authors, music publishers, interpreters, musicians and phonographic producers (record labels). UBC also includes famous artists such as Milton Nascimento and Gilberto Gil.
According to UBC surveys, only nine women are on the list of the top 100 copyright collectors in Brazilian music. The survey also showed that income as an interpreter for women has an economic importance of 25.1%, while for men it has 13.5%, and that both genders earn more as composers, in this case, men earn 76.5%, and women 65.3%.
Top 10 StreamingEdit
Since January 6, 2019, UBC began publishing rankings on the songs that perform the most by counting streaming in the country from the exclusive data of Crowley Broadcast Analysis, they being the Top 10 Radios and the Top 10 Streaming in order to give more prominence to composers from Brazil and abroad.
Top 10 RadioEdit
On the same date that the Top 10 Streaming was released, the organization also started publishing a ranking of the 10 most played songs on Brazilian radio, also by data from Crowley Broadcast Analysis. The Top 10 Radios is basically the top 10 songs on the Top 100 Brazil chart updated weekly on the Crowley website.
- "Quem somos". www.ubc.org.br (in Portuguese). União Brasileira de Compositores. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- "Representante da União Brasileira de Compositores faz plaestra em Onlinda" (in Portuguese). Diario de Pernambuco. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Quem trabalhamos" (in Portuguese). DM. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Governo habilita entidades para arrecadar direitos autorais no segmento" (in Portuguese). Agência Brasil. Retrieved 2018-01-30.
- "ECAD não pode autuar sem delegação de representatividade dos interessados" (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Apenas nove mulheres estão na lista dos cem maiores arrecadadores de direitos autorais na música brasileira". O Globo (in Brazilian Portuguese). 2019-03-14. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Gilberto Gil será homenageado pela União Brasileira de Compositores - 23/11/2017 - Ilustrada". Folha de S.Paulo. Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "Erasmo Carlos ganha Prêmio do Compositor Brasileiro por conjunto de obra que já soma mais de 800 títulos". G1 (in Brazilian Portuguese). Retrieved 2019-11-16.
- "UBC Rankings". União Brasileira de Compositores. Retrieved 2020-05-28.
- "Crowley Charts". Crowley Broadcast Analysis. Retrieved May 29, 2020.