This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (June 2016)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017)
Their origin is debated, with the dominant narrative being that they are from Benin. This has been challenged by Paul O. Opone, a lecturer at Delta State University, Abraka who argues that the evidence shows that they are of Igbo origin.
- Buchi (Nigerian comedian)
- Enebeli Elebuwa (Nollywood actor/producer
- Uti Nwachukwu (Model/actor, Winner Big Brother Africa III, 2008)
- Peter Odili (Former Executive Governor Of Rivers State, Ndoni, http://www.ndoniusa.org/history-of-ndoni.html)
- Sunday Oliseh (Nigerian Footballer)
- Patrick Osakwe (Politician/ Former Senator, Federal Republic of Nigeria)
- Friday Osanebi (Deputy Speaker, Delta State House Of Assembly)
- Emeka Ossai (Nollywood actor/producer/model)
- editing (2020-11-28). "South-South, Ndokwa/Ukwani Land: Looking Inwards By Evans Ufeli Esq". Sahara Reporters. Retrieved 2022-03-30.
- Opone, Paul (2017). "Are the Ukwuanis Benin or Igbo? a study of origin and migration". UJAH: Unizik Journal of Arts and Humanities. 18.
- "From hustling in Warri to Ghana Jollof: How Buchi became one of Nigeria's finest comedians". Showmax Stories. 2021-12-07. Retrieved 2022-03-30.
- "Late Nollywood icon, Enebeli Elebuwa, buried in Lagos | Premium Times Nigeria". 2013-01-11. Retrieved 2022-03-30.
- "Uti: Everything I grew up watching on TV is what I do now". The Guardian Nigeria News - Nigeria and World News. 2021-12-18. Retrieved 2022-03-30.