USA High is an American teen sitcom which ran on USA Network from August 1997 to June 1999, ending after 95 episodes. The series revolves around six friends enrolled at the American Academy boarding school in Paris, France.
|Created by||Leslie Eberhard|
|Written by||Bernie Ancheta|
|Directed by||Mary Lou Belli|
James Madio (season 1)
William James Jones (season 2)
|Theme music composer||Eva King|
|Opening theme||"Rockin' At USA High"|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||95|
|Executive producer(s)||Peter Engel|
Terry M. Pickford
|Running time||22–24 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Peter Engel Productions|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
CBS Television Distribution
|Original network||USA Network|
|Original release||August 4, 1997 –|
June 10, 1999
USA High ran for a total of 95 episodes. Season 1 consisted of 75 episodes and ran from August 4, 1997 through November 1998. Season 2 consisted of 20 episodes and aired from November 1998 until June 1999. It was rerun on USA Network through August 4, 2001.
USA High was originally conceived to be a part of NBC's Saturday morning TNBC lineup. The series' executive producer was Peter Engel, who was also responsible for the Saved by the Bell franchise, California Dreams, City Guys, and Hang Time. Its co-executive producers were Leslie Eberhard and Steve Slavkin (who was co-executive producer for the series' first 25 episodes only). The series was one of two post-Saved by the Bell: The College Years series executive produced by Engel that did not air as part of the TNBC lineup, Malibu, CA being the other.
- Josh Holland as Jackson Greene
- Elena Lyons as Lauren Fontaine
- Thomas Magiar as Christian Mueller
- Marquita Terry as Winnie Barnes
- James Madio as Bobby Lazzarini (season 1)
- Kristen Miller as Ashley Elliot
- Angela Visser as Miss Gabrielle Dupree
- Nicholas Guest as Headmaster Patrick Elliot
- William James Jones as Dwane "Excess" Wilson (season 2)
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||75||August 4, 1997||November 13, 1998|
|2||20||November 16, 1998||June 11, 1999|
- Lee Harris (August 3, 1997). "School adjustments in a big way on 'USA High'; Fox twists afternoons around; Homer hits CBS". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
USA High is a new show about a group of American high school students from different backgrounds who attend the American School in Paris...
- Ray Richmond (May 8, 1997). "ORIGINAL 'INVASION'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
USA also is launching the off-net premiere of “Walker, Texas Ranger” on Aug. 4, the same date it rolls out its weekday afternoon (5-6 p.m.) teen block of “Saved By the Bell: The New Class” and the comedy “USA High.” The network has ordered 91 episodes of “Class,” 75 of “High.”
- "Engel reups, grows up". Variety. September 23, 1997. Retrieved 2016-05-24.
The arrangement, nonexclusive to NBC, also includes Engel’s “USA High” airing on the USA Network.