UMBC Event Center
The UMBC Event Center is a basketball arena and multi-purpose venue on the campus of the University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC) in Catonsville, Maryland. It is the home of the UMBC Retrievers men's and women's basketball teams as well as the volleyball team and serves as a replacement to the Retriever Activities Center (RAC). It has a capacity of 5,000 seats, approximately 1,000 more than the RAC, and is the campus venue for all commencements and concerts. Construction began in March 2016, with an estimated cost of $67 million. Although the venue was originally supposed to be completed in time for the beginning of the Fall 2017 semester and the start of the 2017–18 athletic season, due to delays it officially opened for the February 3 men's basketball game against Vermont.
|Address||1000 Hilltop Circle|
Baltimore, MD 21250
|Location||Hilltop Circle & Commons Drive|
|Public transit||CityLink Yellow, UMBC Transit|
|Owner||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|Operator||Oak View Group Facilities|
|Capacity||5,245 (end-stage concert)|
|Broke ground||March 2016|
|Opened||February 3, 2018|
|Construction cost||$85 million|
|Structural engineer||Providence Engineering Corporation|
|General contractor||Barton Malow|
- Template:Cite seating chart
- "UMBC Event Center and Arena". Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "New Event Center Making Headway". Retriever Weekly. University of Maryland–Baltimore County. February 8, 2017. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Chigurupati, Snigdha (February 8, 2016). "Breaking Ground on the Retriever Event Center". Retriever Weekly. University of Maryland–Baltimore County. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Norris, Heather (July 24, 2015). "Construction to Begin in Winter for New UMBC Arena". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- Scherr, Rich (February 3, 2018). "UMBC's Loss to Vermont Doesn't Dampen Excitement for Event Center Opener". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved March 17, 2018.