UMBC Retrievers men's basketball
The UMBC Retrievers men's basketball team represents the University of Maryland, Baltimore County in National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I competition as a member of the America East Conference. UMBC made its first Division I postseason appearance in the NCAA tournament in 2008, in which it qualified by winning the America East Conference Tournament. The UMBC Retrievers qualified for their second Division I postseason appearance in the NCAA tournament in 2018 by beating the University of Vermont in the America East Conference Tournament final. During the 2018 NCAA Tournament, UMBC became the first No. 16 seed to defeat a No. 1 seed in the NCAA men's tournament, beating the Virginia Cavaliers 74–54.
|University||University of Maryland, Baltimore County|
|Head coach||Ryan Odom (2nd season)|
|Arena||UMBC Event Center |
|Student section||Retriever Rowdies|
|Colors||Black and Gold|
|NCAA Tournament Round of 32|
|NCAA Tournament Appearances|
|Conference Tournament Champions|
|Conference Regular Season Champions|
NCAA Division I Tournament resultsEdit
The Retrievers have appeared in the NCAA Division I Tournament two times. Their combined record is 1–2.
|2008||#15||First Round||#2 Georgetown||L 47–66|
#9 Kansas State
NCAA Division II tournament resultsEdit
The Retrievers have appeared in the NCAA Division II Tournament two times. Their combined record is 3–2.
|Mount St. Mary's
The Retrievers have appeared in the CIT once. Their record is 3–1.
Saint Francis (PA)
Texas A&M–Corpus Christi
*Accurate as of 10-16-2018 
|8||Chris De La Rosa||2009-2011||344|
- Scherr, Rich (February 3, 2018). "UMBC's Loss to Vermont Doesn't Dampen Excitement for Event Center Opener". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "UMBC Colors". UMBC Brand and Style Guide. Retrieved April 1, 2019.
- Fittipaldo, Ray (December 13, 2008). "Pitt: UMBC angles for a second run at postseason". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved March 22, 2018.
- Wilco, Daniel (March 17, 2018). "Last perfect bracket busts after UMBC pulls off biggest upset in NCAA tournament history". NCAA.com. National Collegiate Athletic Association. Retrieved March 18, 2018.
- Reed, Steve (March 17, 2018). "No. 16 UMBC stuns No. 1 Virginia 74–54 to make NCAA history". Philadelphia, PA: WPVI-TV. Associated Press. Retrieved March 17, 2018.
- "Box Score". ESPN. Retrieved March 16, 2018.
- "UMBC vs Virginia Box Score". ESPN. Retrieved March 25, 2018.
- "UMBC vs. Kansas State Box Score". ESPN. Retrieved March 27, 2018.
- "Fairfield vs UMBC Box Score". NCAA. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- "UMBC" (PDF). UMBC. Retrieved 2018-02-05.
|This college basketball-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a basketball team in Maryland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|