|UFC on Fox: Teixeira vs. Evans|
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 16, 2016|
It was expected to be headlined by a potential UFC Lightweight Championship title eliminator bout between undefeated Khabib Nurmagomedov and The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar vs. Team dos Santos winner Tony Ferguson. The fight was previously scheduled for The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber Finale, but Nurmagomedov pulled out due to a rib injury. The fight was eventually rescheduled for this event. On April 5, it was announced that Ferguson pulled out of the bout due to a lung issue. Therefore, the Teixeira-Evans bout was elevated to a five-round main event status. Two days later, it was announced that Nurmagomedov would face promotional newcomer Darrell Horcher in a catchweight of 160 lb.
Maurício Rua was expected to face Rashad Evans in a bout between two former UFC Light Heavyweight Champions. The pairing was originally expected to meet in Rua's first title defense in March 2011 at UFC 128, but Evans pulled out due to a knee injury. Once again the bout did not materialize, as Rua pulled out of the fight on March 9 due to injury and was replaced by former title challenger Glover Teixeira.
A rematch between former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and former Pride Welterweight and Middleweight Champion as well as former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Dan Henderson was expected to take place at this event. Their first fight ended in a split decision win for Machida at UFC 157 in February 2013. However, on April 13, the UFC announced that Machida declared the usage of a banned substance during an out-of-competition sample collection last week. Machida stated that he was unaware that the substance was prohibited both in and out of competition and, in accordance with the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, his disclosure of usage will be taken into consideration by USADA during any potential results management and adjudication process. Therefore, he was removed from the bout and Henderson was re-booked for another event at a later date. He later released a statement announcing that he used a supplement which contains 7-Keto-DHEA. He also claimed ignorance in the situation and apologized for it, as well as accepting full responsibility for his actions.
After the weigh-ins, the UFC announced Islam Makhachev was informed by USADA of a potential anti-doping policy violation involving meldonium. Therefore, he received a provisional suspension and was removed from his scheduled bout against Drew Dober. Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.
|Light Heavyweight||Glover Teixeira||def.||Rashad Evans||KO (punches)||1||1:48|
|Women's Strawweight||Rose Namajunas||def.||Tecia Torres||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Catchweight (160 lb)||Khabib Nurmagomedov||def.||Darrell Horcher||TKO (punches)||2||3:38|
|Featherweight||Cub Swanson||def.||Hacran Dias||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Preliminary Card (Fox)|
|Lightweight||Michael Chiesa||def.||Beneil Dariush||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||1:20|
|Women's Bantamweight||Raquel Pennington||def.||Bethe Correia||Decision (split) (29–28, 28–29, 29–28)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Santiago Ponzinibbio||def.||Court McGee||TKO (punches)||1||4:15|
|Welterweight||Michael Graves||def.||Randy Brown||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||2:31|
|Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)|
|Bantamweight||John Dodson||def.||Manvel Gamburyan||TKO (punches)||1||0:47|
|Middleweight||Cezar Ferreira||def.||Oluwale Bamgbose||Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–28, 29–27)||3||5:00|
|Welterweight||Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos||def.||Omari Akhmedov||TKO (knees)||3||3:03|
The following fighters were awarded $50,000 bonuses:
- Fight of the Night: Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos vs. Omari Akhmedov
- Performance of the Night: Glover Teixeira and Michael Chiesa
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Florida State Boxing Commission. It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Glover Teixeira: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus) def. Rashad Evans: $150,000
- Rose Namajunas: $86,000 (includes $43,000 win bonus) def. Tecia Torres: $20,000
- Khabib Nurmagomedov: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus) def. Darrell Horcher: $12,000
- Cub Swanson: $88,000 (includes $44,000 win bonus) def. Hacran Dias: $16,000
- Michael Chiesa: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus) def. Beneil Dariush: $28,000
- Raquel Pennington: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus) def. Bethe Correia: $25,000
- Santiago Ponzinibbio: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus) def. Court McGee: $27,000
- Michael Graves: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus) def. Randy Brown: $12,000
- John Dodson: $70,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus) def. Manvel Gamburyan: $33,000
- Cezar Ferreira: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus) def. Oluwale Bamgbose: $12,000
- Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus) def. Omari Akhmedov: $18,000
- Staff (2016-04-16). "UFC on FOX 19 attendance: Event draws 11,273 for $1.057 million live gate". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Mike Bohn and Matt Erickson (2016-02-07). "UFC on FOX 19 official for April 16 in Tampa with Nurmagomedov-Ferguson main event". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- Mike Bohn (2015-10-30). "Khabib Nurmagomedov injured, out of TUF 22 Finale bout vs. Tony Ferguson". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Damon Martin (2016-04-05). "Tony Ferguson out; Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira set as new main event". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2016-04-05.
- Mookie Alexander (2016-04-07). "Khabib Nurmagomedov to face newcomer Darrell Horcher at UFC on FOX 19". bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 2016-04-07.
- John Morgan (2011-02-05). "Rashad Evans hurt, Jon Jones now challenges Shogun Rua for title at UFC 128". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Staff (2016-03-09). "Glover Teixeira in for injured 'Shogun' Rua vs. Rashad Evans at UFC on FOX 19 in Tampa". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-03-09.
- Damon Martin (2016-04-09). "Caio Magalhães out; Oluwale Bamgbose to face Cezar Ferreira in Tampa". foxsports.com. Retrieved 2016-04-09.
- Mike Chiappetta (2013-02-23). "UFC 157 results: Lyoto Machida beats Dan Henderson". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- Staff (2016-04-13). "Machida admits use of banned substance, UFC on FOX 19 fight with Henderson scrapped". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- Mike Bohn (2016-04-13). "Lyoto Machida apologizes for UFC removal, says he was unaware substance banned". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-13.
- Staff (2016-04-15). "UFC statement on Islam Makhachev". ufc.com. Retrieved 2016-04-15.
- "UFC on Fox: Teixeira vs. Evans". Ultimate Fighting Championship. Retrieved 2016-02-07.
- Staff (2016-04-16). "UFC on FOX 19 bonuses: Teixeira, Chiesa, Zaleski dos Santos, Akhmedov net $50k". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-16.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-04-18). "UFC on FOX 19 salaries: Ex-champ Rashad Evans earns top payout despite loss". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-04-18.