|UFC 68: The Uprising|
The poster for UFC 68: The Uprising.
|Promotion||Ultimate Fighting Championship|
|Date||March 3, 2007|
|Attendance||19,049 (17,358 paid)|
|Total purse||$697,000 (disclosed)|
UFC 68 was the first UFC event held in the state of Ohio, and coincided with the 2007 Arnold Sports Festival. The sold-out event produced the highest verifiable live attendance to date for a mixed martial arts event in North America with 19,079 spectators. At the time it was the largest attendance for a MMA event in the United States.
In the main event, UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia was set to defend his title against Randy Couture, who was coming out of a 12-month retirement. Couture, a former UFC Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Champion, hadn't fought as a heavyweight since UFC 39 in 2002.
|Heavyweight||Randy Couture||def.||Tim Sylvia (c)||Decision (unanimous) (50–45, 50–45, 50–45)||5||5:00||[a]|
|Middleweight||Martin Kampmann||def.||Drew McFedries||Submission (arm-triangle)||1||4:06|
|Middleweight||Rich Franklin||def.||Jason MacDonald||TKO (corner stoppage)||2||5:00||[b]|
|Welterweight||Matt Hughes||def.||Chris Lytle||Decision (Unanimous)||3||5:00|
|Light Heavyweight||Jason Lambert||def.||Renato Sobral||KO (punch)||2||3:36|
|Light Heavyweight||Matt Hamill||def.||Rex Holman||TKO (punches)||1||4:00|
|Welterweight||Jon Fitch||def.||Luigi Fioravanti||Submission (rear-naked choke)||2||3:05|
|Lightweight||Gleison Tibau||def.||Jason Dent||Decision (unanimous) (30–27, 30–27, 30–27)||3||5:00|
|Lightweight||Jamie Varner||def.||Jason Gilliam||TKO (rear-naked choke)||1||1:34|
- For the UFC Heavyweight Championship.
- Excessive damage to MacDonald's right eye prompted his corner to signal for the end of the bout.
- "Official UFC 68 Salaries ..." MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2007-03-09.
- Stupp, Dann (2007-10-30). "UFC Officials Rebut Randy Couture's Pay Claims". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved 2007-10-30.
- Trembow, Ivan (2007-06-08). "K-1 DYNAMITE ATTENDANCE BREAKDOWN". MMAWeekly.com. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-06-08.
- "UFC Coming to Ohio with a Vengeance". UFC.com. Archived from the original on 2007-02-26. Retrieved 2007-03-04.