Unió Esportiva Figueres is a Spanish football team based in Figueres, in the autonomous community of Catalonia. Founded in 1919 and refounded in 2007 it plays in Tercera División – Group 5, holding home matches at Estadi Municipal de Vilatenim, with a seating capacity of 9,472.
|Full name||Unió Esportiva Figueres|
|Founded||1919 (reformed in 2007)|
|Head coach||Javier Salamero|
|League||3ª – Group 5|
|2018–19||3ª – Group 5, 12th|
Figueres was first founded on April 13, 1919. Bernat Palmer was elected as its first president, and Camp de l’Horta de l’Institut became its first stadium. In 1983 the club first reached Segunda División B, and promoted to Segunda División only three years later, maintaining that status for seven seasons and appearing once in the La Liga promotion playoffs: after finishing third in the regular season, it eventually lost on aggregate to Cádiz CF.
Figueres spent the next fourteen years consolidated in the third level, only now and then vying for promotion. On 27 June 2007 the principal shareholder transferred the club to Castelldefels due to little support of the public, and the side would eventually disappear.
In August 2007 UE Figueres was refounded by minority shareholders, with the team starting playing in the lowest division of Spanish football, Tercera Catalana.
Season to seasonEdit
Note: this list includes players that have played at least 70 league games and/or have reached international status.
- "Spain - UE Figueres - Results, fixtures, squad, statistics, photos, videos and news - Soccerway". int.soccerway.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "Javi Salamero - U.E. Figueres :: Fútbol de Catalunya ::". www.lapreferente.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "The latest news from UE Figueres: squad, results, table". www.besoccer.com. Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "Unió Esportiva Figueres, S.A.D. :: La Futbolteca. Enciclopedia del Fútbol Español" (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- "Desaparece la histórica Unió Esportiva Figueres". La Vanguardia (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-04-08.
- Renamed UE Miapuesta Castelldefels