Bashlor with the Mets in 2018
|New York Mets – No. 49|
|Born: April 16, 1993|
|June 25, 2018, for the New York Mets|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Earned run average||4.22|
Bashlor attended Calvary Day Baptist School in Savannah, Georgia and played college baseball at South Georgia College. He was drafted by the New York Mets in the 11th round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his professional debut with the Kingsport Mets, posting a 5.74 ERA with 18 strikeouts in 15.2 innings pitched.
Bashlor underwent Tommy John Surgery in 2014 and missed both that year and the 2015 season. He made his return in 2016 with the Columbia Fireflies and was promoted to the St. Lucie Mets during the season. In 38 relief appearances between the two teams, he went 4-3 with a 2.75 ERA and 1.24 WHIP. He pitched 2017 with St. Lucie and the Binghamton Rumble Ponies, compiling a combined 3-2 record and 3.44 ERA with 84 strikeouts in 49.2 total innings pitched between the two teams. The Mets added him to their 40-man roster after the 2017 season.
Bashlor began 2018 with Binghamton. The Mets promoted him to the major leagues on June 25, 2018. Bashlor made his Major League debut on June 25 at Citi Field against the Pittsburgh Pirates. In two innings he allowed only one walk and a subsequent hit, a home run by Josh Bell.
- Knight, Dennis. "DENNIS KNIGHT: Calvary Day alumni moving up in the baseball world".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-11-07. Retrieved 2017-11-05.
- "Farm Report: Tyler Bashlor 'waited a long time' for return to games".
- "Tyler Bashlor Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved March 25, 2018.
- "Mets add prospects to 40-man roster - Who did they protect from the Rule 5 Draft?".
- "Tyler Bashlor called up from Binghamton".
- Healy, John (June 25, 2018). "Luis Guillorme's errors doom Mets while Mickey Callaway turns to humor to cope with team's woes". New York Daily News. Retrieved 26 June 2018.