|Born||August 6, 2001|
|Relatives||Ryan Simpkins (sister)|
Life and careerEdit
Simpkins was born in New York City, to Monique Simpkins. He first appeared on TV when he was three weeks old. His first role was on One Life to Live where he shared the recurring role as John "Jack" Cramer. Simpkins soon started a recurring role as Jude Cooper Bauer on Guiding Light, in which he went on to be "Jude" for about four years. He guest starred in Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and a handful of commercials and print ads.
Simpkins made his film debut in Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds (2005). Next was a featured role in All the King's Men (2006) where he played a young version of Jude Law's character; leading up to Simpkins' playing Aaron in the multiple-award-winning Little Children (2006). Simpkins went on to film Pride and Glory (2008), in which he and his sister, actress Ryan Simpkins, play the children of Colin Farrell. Simpkins also completed Gardens of the Night (2008) and then in Revolutionary Road (2008), in which he again starred alongside his real-life sister Ryan. Simpkins has guest-starred on CSI, Private Practice and Family of Four. In September 2009, he signed on to play Luke in the 2010 film The Next Three Days. He also played Dalton Lambert in Insidious (2011) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013).
In 2013, Simpkins starred alongside Robert Downey, Jr. in the live-action film Iron Man 3, as Stark's sidekick, Harley Keener (he also reprises his role in Lego Marvel's Avengers). This was the first time a child had been featured prominently in the Iron Man films. Simpkins signed a 3-picture deal with Marvel Studios. He appeared in Iron Man 3 director Shane Black's 2016 film, The Nice Guys.
|2005||War of the Worlds||3 Year Old Boy|
|2006||Little Children||Aaron Adamson|
|2008||Gardens of the Night||Dylan Whitehead|
|2008||Pride and Glory||Matthew Egan|
|2008||Revolutionary Road||Michael Wheeler|
|2009||Family of Four||Tommy Baker|
|2010||The Next Three Days||Luke Brennan|
|2013||Iron Man 3||Harley Keener|
|2013||Insidious: Chapter 2||Dalton Lambert|
|2015||Jurassic World||Gray Mitchell|
|2016||The Nice Guys||Bobby|
|2001–2002||One Life to Live||Jack Manning||4 episodes|
|2001–2005||Guiding Light||Jude Cooper Bauer||47 episodes|
|2005||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Jake Nikos||Episode: "Ex Stasis"|
|2008||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Tyler Waldrip||Episode: "A Thousand Days on Earth"|
|2008||Private Practice||Braden Tisch||Episode: "Past Tense"|
|2016||Family Guy||Little Drummer Boy||Episode: "How the Griffin Stole Christmas"|
|2015||Lego Jurassic World||Gray Mitchell||Voice|
|2015||Lego Dimensions||Gray Mitchell||Voice|
|2016||Lego Marvel's Avengers||Harley Keener||Voice|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2014||Iron Man 3||Best Performance by a Younger Actor||Nominated|
|Young Artist Awards|
|2016||Jurassic World||Best Performance in a Feature Film - Leading Young Actor (11 - 13)||Nominated|
|Young Entertainer Awards|
|2016||Jurassic World||Best Younger Actor||Nominated|
- Simpkins, Ty (August 6, 2017). "Hey thanks everyone". Twitter.
- Riordan, Kevin (June 18, 2006). "Child actors play for a living". Courier Post. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- Vancheri, Barbara (December 30, 2006). "Study in Suburban Angst". Google archive. Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. p. 53. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Douresseaux, Leroy (June 7, 2007). "Winslet and Haley Anchor Little Children (2007 Oscar Nominee)". Comicbookbin. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "A 'Titanic'Class Reunion". Newsweek. December 8, 2008. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- "Leonardo DiCaprio with his siblings Ryan and Ty". Insider. August 8, 2007. Archived from the original on July 8, 2009. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Fernandez, Jay A. (September 23, 2009). "Trio pencil in 'Three Days'". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on October 9, 2009. Retrieved April 20, 2010.
- Zorianna, Kit. ""Iron Man 3" goes back to basics in a quest to save the U.S." Reuters. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- IMDb Film Casting Updates
- Iron Man 3 Exclusive: Ty Simpkins Talks Cut Kiss Scene & 3 Picture Deal
- Ty Simpkins Lands Lead In ‘Jurassic World’