Two If by Sea
Two If by Sea (also known in the United Kingdom as Stolen Hearts) is a 1996 American romantic comedy film directed by Bill Bennett, and starring Sandra Bullock and Denis Leary. The screenplay, written by Leary and Mike Armstrong, is based on a story by Leary, Armstrong, and Ann Lembeck.
|Two If by Sea|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Bill Bennett|
|Produced by||James G. Robinson|
|Edited by||Bruce Green|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
|Box office||$10.7 million|
This article needs an improved plot summary. (October 2016)
Petty thief Frank O'Brien steals a $4 million masterpiece painting. His cashier girlfriend of seven years, Roz, befriends the potential buyer of the painting, Evan Marsh, on an island. After being captured by FBI Agent O'Malley at the fish factory, she discovers Marsh is actually an art thief.
Two If by Sea opened theatrically on January 12, 1996 in 1,712 venues, earning $4,656,986 in the domestic box office, ranking tenth for its opening weekend. At the end of its run, the film grossed $10,658,278.
The film was Sandra Bullock's worst wide opening up until 2015, when Our Brand Is Crisis released in October, earning $3,238,433 in its first weekend. Two If by Sea is Bullock's ninth-lowest-grossing film in her career.
- "STOLEN HEARTS (15)". British Board of Film Classification. February 13, 1996. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Two If by Sea (1996)". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Weekend Box Office Results for January 12-14, 1996". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. January 15, 1996. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Star-Driven Casualties 'Our Brand Is Crisis' & 'Burnt' At The B.O.: What The Hell Happened?". deadline.com. Retrieved November 18, 2015.
- "Sandra Bullock Movie Box Office Results - Ordered by Lifetime Gross". Box Office Mojo. Internet Movie Database. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- "Two if by Sea (1995)". Rotten Tomatoes. Flixster. Retrieved December 15, 2015.