Tuen Mun Hospital
Tuen Mun Hospital (Chinese: 屯門醫院) is a public hospital, with a 24-hour accident and emergency department, situated in Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong. Its construction began in 1979, and inauguration held on 8 March 1990. It is governed by the Hospital Authority, and is designated under New Territories West Cluster.
|Tuen Mun Hospital|
Tuen Mun Hospital Main Block
|Location||23 Tsing Chung Koon Road, Tuen Mun, New Territories, Hong Kong, Tuen Mun, Hong Kong|
|Hospital type||District General|
|Network||New Territories West Cluster|
|Emergency department||Yes, accident and emergency, trauma centre and Emergency Radiation Therapy Centre|
|Founded||8 March 1990|
|Lists||Hospitals in Hong Kong|
|Tuen Mun Hospital|
Tuen Mun Hospital was designed by the Architectural Services Department. It was constructed by Aoki Corporation, a Japanese civil engineering and construction services firm. The hospital was topped out in a ceremony hosted by Sir David Akers-Jones on 28 August 1986, at which time it was the largest hospital under construction in the world.
Hospital Governing CommitteeEdit
This is a list of the current and former chairmen of the committee:
- William Chan Fu-keung
Hospital Chief executiveEdit
Appointed by the Hospital Authority, the Hospital Chief executive is in charge of managing the hospital and reports to the Hospital Governing Committee.
Dr Simon Tang Yiu-hang (1 April 2018– present)
- Cheng Pak-wing
- Liu Shao-haei
As of 31 March 2017[update], the hospital had 1,935 beds and around 6,487 members of staff. For the year ended 31 March 2017, it treated 174,586 inpatients and day-patients, 776,713 specialist outpatients, and 851,943 general outpatients.
- Accident and emergency department (trauma centre)
- Clinical Oncology
- Clinical Pathology
- Mentally Handicapped
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Orthopaedics & Traumatology
- Paediatrics & Adolescent Medicine
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Medicine & Geriatrics
- Emergency Radiation Therapy Center
- Geriatric Day Hospital
- Cancer Patient Resource Centre
- Procedure Unit
- Geriatric Community Assessment Service
- Occupational Therapy
- Prosthetic-orthotic Services
- Speech Therapy
- Clinical Psychology
Tuen Mun also has a General Out-Patient Clinic or Polyclinic. The Yan Oi Polyclinic at 6 Tuen Lee Street is not to be mistaken for the fictional Yan Oi Hospital from the TVB series The Hippocratic Crush.
Inpatient: 24 hours Service
ACC (Ambulatory Care Centre):
- 9:00–18:00 Mon-Fri
- Closed Sat, Sun and Public Holiday
- "Hospital Authority Annual Report 2016–2017" (PDF). Hospital Authority. 2017.
- "Aoki Corporation: Private Company Information". Bloomberg L.P. Retrieved 8 July 2017.
- "Grand plans for new Tuen Mun hospital". South China Morning Post. 29 August 1986. p. 24.
- "Hospital opens after series of delays". South China Morning Post. Hong Kong. 8 March 1990. p. 2.
- "Emergency unit at Tuen Mun opens". South China Morning Post. 31 July 1990. p. 3.