Tsagaannuur (Mongolian: Цагааннуур, white lake) is a sum (district) of Bayan-Ölgii Province in western Mongolia. It is primarily inhabited by ethnic Kazakhs. As of 2014 it had a population of 1436 people.
Tsagaan Nuur Free Economic ZoneEdit
The Tsagaan Nuur Free Economic Zone was established in November 2005 to catalyze the development of the western region of Mongolia. The Free Economic Zone is about 708.4 hectares in size and is on flat land covered with pebble and rocky soil. Two rivers flowing by on the west and north sides of the Free Economic Zone form the water supplies for the zone. The Tsagaan Nuur Free Economic Zone has been granted the following special free trade features:
- Goods imported from overseas to a free zone shall be exempt from the levy of import tax, customs duties, VAT and excise tax.
- No taxes shall be charged for goods entering a free zone, which are previously imported into the customs territory upon payment of import tax, customs duties, VAT and excise tax. Deductions shall be made from other taxes against presentation of payment receipts for taxes paid in the customs territory.
- No taxes shall be levied on goods exiting a free zone to overseas
- "АЙМГИЙН ХҮН АМ, НИЙГМИЙН ЗАРИМ ҮЗҮҮЛЭЛТҮҮД" (PDF) (in Mongolian). Bayan-ulgii.nso.mn. Retrieved 31 January 2020.
- Ee Khong Kie, Max; Lee Hwee Chen, Paige; Puay Kim, Teo; Amarsaikhan, Damdinjav; Ochirbat, Dambiiyam (December 2006). MONGOLIA: Trade Facilitation and Logistics Development Strategy Report (PDF). Asian Development Bank. pp. 27–29.
- "The United Council of Free Zones` Investors". Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Mongolian National Chamber of Commerce and Industry. Retrieved 23 August 2016.