|Born: December 15, 1990|
San Jose, California
|June 23, 2017, for the Minnesota Twins|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 season)
|Earned run average||5.35|
Hildenberger attended Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, California and played college baseball at the University of California, Berkeley. He was drafted by the Minnesota Twins in the 22nd round of the 2014 Major League Baseball Draft. He signed made his professional debut with the Gulf Coast Twins that same year before being promoted to the Elizabethton Twins. In 29 relief innings pitched between the two teams he compiled a 1–4 record and 2.48 ERA. He started 2015 with the Cedar Rapids Kernels, and was eventually called up to the Fort Myers Miracle. In 41 appearances out of the bullpen between Cedar Rapids and Fort Myers, he was 3–2 with a 1.55 ERA. He also played in the Arizona Fall League after the 2015 season. Hildenberger spent 2016 with Fort Myers and the Chattanooga Lookouts, compiling a 3–4 record, a 0.75 ERA, and a 0.79 WHIP in 38 relief appearances.
Hildenberger's 2017 began with the Rochester Red Wings, and on June 23 the Twins purchased his contract from Rochester, with Hildenberger making his MLB debut the same day. In 21 appearances for the Red Wings prior to his call up he was 2–1 with a 2.05 ERA. In his debut against the Cleveland Indians, Hildenberger allowed a hit and struck out one in his lone inning of work. He spent the remainder of 2017 with the Twins, going 3–3 with a 3.21 ERA with 44 strikeouts in 42 innings. He began the 2018 season with the Twins, collecting 7 saves in 73 appearances. In 2019, he excelled during the first month of the season before struggling the following month, leading to his demotion to AAA.
On December 2, 2019, Hildenberger was non-tendered by Minnesota and became a free agent.
- "Trevor Hildenberger dazzling in relief for Lookouts". Times Free Press. June 30, 2016. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- Johnson, Jeff (June 23, 2015). "Kernels pitcher Hildenberger goes from college no name to Midwest League All-Star". TheGazette.com. The Gazette. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- "Dropping Down Boosts Stock For Twins' Hildenberger". BaseballAmerica.com. May 4, 2016. Retrieved May 31, 2017.
- "Twins add Gee, Hildenberger to pitching staff from Triple-A". ESPN.com. Retrieved June 25, 2017.
- "Trevor Hildenberger Stats, Highlights, Bio – MiLB.com Stats – The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 23, 2018.
- Phil Miller (December 2, 2019). "Twins part ways with C.J. Cron and Trevor Hildenberger". Star Tribune. Retrieved December 2, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Trevor Hildenberger.|
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Trevor Hildenberger on Twitter
- California Golden Bears bio
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|