"Treetrunk" is a song by American rock band the Doors. Recorded and released in 1972, "Treetrunk" was recorded by the surviving members of the Doors as they assembled material for their second and final album as a threesome, Full Circle, following the death of Jim Morrison. "Treetrunk" was released as a B-side for the "Get Up and Dance" single released by Elektra Records in July 1972, and was thus on the penultimate Doors single release.
|Song by The Doors|
|Recorded||May 1972 – June 1972|
|Genre||Rock, psychedelic rock|
"Treetrunk" is one of only three non-album B-sides to be released by the Doors. The other two are "Who Scared You?" (the B-side of "Wishful Sinful", issued on Elektra in May 1969) and "(You Need Meat) Don't Go No Further" (the B-side of "Love Her Madly" on Elektra in March 1971), both of which appeared on the compilation album Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine.
Songwriter Robby Krieger felt "it sounded too commercial", and the track was left off the album.
Until 2010, the only commercial release of "Treetrunk" was the 1972 single release. As a result, the song is one of the rarest and least known by the Doors. In 2010, "Treetrunk" was re-released as one of three bonus tracks on the Howling Wolf Records CD issues of Other Voices and Full Circle.
The song has since been given an official release as part of the Japan edition of the Singles Box compilation issued in 2013.
- Ray Manzarek - Keyboards, Lead Vocals
- Robby Krieger - Guitar, vocals
- John Densmore - Drums
- Jack Conrad - Bass
- Doug Sundling, The Ultimate Doors Companion, MPG Books, Bodmin, United Kingdom, ISBN 1-86074-288-2, p. 233-234
- Doug Sundling, The Ultimate Doors Companion, MPG Books, Bodmin, United Kingdom, ISBN 1-86074-288-2, p. 231-234, 236
- "The Robby Krieger Interview". Reocities.com. 1981-07-03. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
- "Doors / ドアーズ / Other Voices+Full Circle | Diskunion.Net Old Rock Online Shop". Diskunion.net. 1976-01-09. Retrieved 2016-10-07.
|This 1970s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|