Transtek Systems is a business software firm in the Middle East. Transtek System's flagship product is Compass ERP, a dual language (English-Arabic) Enterprise Resource Planning system. According to the major Arab daily Al-Hayat, Compass ERP was the local alternative in Syria after US economic sanctions prohibited major international technology and ERP vendors to sell their products in Syria. Transtek System's Compass ERP package has an estimated 80% marketshare, also due to lack of competition. Another product that filled a gap created by sanctions was Compass AML, the first anti-money laundering system produced in the Arab World.
|Type||Private Limited Liability Company|
|Industry||Software & Programming|
|Founded||Damascus, Syria (2000)|
|Abdulsalam Haykal, Co-founder and CEO, Mohamed Haykal, Chairman, Husam Khaskieh, Chief Technology Officer|
Number of employees
- شركة ترانستك لأنظمة المعلومات تقيم لقاءً مفتوحاً مع القائمين على المصارف الخاصة (in Arabic). Masaader.com. 29 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Video Interview with Syrian Serial Entrepreneur Abdulsalam Haykal, Founder of Transtek and President of Syrian Young Entrepreneurs Association". ArabCrunch. 24 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Transtek - Transtek is first Syrian company to seek international software certificate of CMMI". Transtek Systems. 12 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- شركات برمجة سورية تتحايل على الحظر الاميركي وتنافس عالمياً (in Arabic). Al-Hayat. 10 December 2006. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "عبد السلام هيكل".. نحن بحاجة ماسّة لقطاع خاص حقيقي في صناعة البرمجيات (in Arabic). Syrian Computer Society. 6 November 2008. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Compass AML: The first Arab software solution designed to combat money laundering". Forward Magazine. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "World Economic Forum names Syrian entrepreneur as Young Global Leader". AME Info. 7 March 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-29.