This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Transnational Institute (TNI), is an international non-profit research and advocacy think tank that was founded in 1974, Amsterdam, Netherlands. According to their website, the organization promotes a "... just, democratic and sustainable world."
Later it continued as a non-profit worldwide organisation.[when?]
The members of the institute are involved in the civil society and the associative life of their respective countries. Based in Amsterdam, the permanent team of TNI consisted of twenty five people in 2006.
The TNI publishes research papers, books and organises seminars and debates. Its members include activists, researchers, writers, scholars, journalists and documentary makers. The organisation has specific interest sections called "programs". These are the fields the organisation currently focuses on.
Drugs & DemocracyEdit
The public alternatives program publishes research and organises events on the following topics
- The effects of privatisation such as water privatisation
- Energy democracy
- The return of public services or re-municipalization
- Transformative Cities
- Participatory democracy
Trade & InvestmentEdit
- War & Pacification
- Agrarian & Environmental Justice
- Corporate Power
- "Collection Summary: Transnational Institute Archives". search.socialhistory.org. International Institute of Social History.
- "Introduction". 10 April 2009.
- Franklin, Jonathan (8 October 2015). "Pinochet directly ordered killing on US soil of Chilean diplomat, papers reveal". the Guardian.
- "Our History - Institute for Policy Studies".
- https://www.facebook.com/josh.partlow1. "U.S. has been quietly helping Mexico with new, high-tech ways to fight opium". Washington Post.
- "Reform more radical than 'war on drugs'".
- Diplomat, David Hutt, The. "A New Drug Win for Malaysia?".
- "Peru replaces drug tsar Soberon". 10 October 2018 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- Amira. "Researchers - Ricardo Soberón". www.druglawreform.info.
- "In pipeline, a plan to privatise water supply in cities". 22 September 2015.
- Vidal, John (30 January 2015). "Water privatisation: a worldwide failure? - John Vidal". the Guardian.
- "Energy democracy - ENERGY DEMOCRACY". 4 December 2016.
- "More than 830 cities have brought essential services back under public control. Others should follow - CityMetric". www.citymetric.com.
- "Remunicipalisation becomes an unstoppable trend - EPSU". www.epsu.org.
- "The power of a transformative city - P2P Foundation". 23 May 2018.
- "Transformative Cities Initiative: a unique participatory award". openDemocracy. 29 May 2018.
- "Transnational Institute:Transformative Cities".
- "Our common ground: a salute to the Young Global Collective". openDemocracy. 23 January 2017.
- "The battle for minds, and role of human behaviour in generating plutocracies". openDemocracy. 26 January 2017.
- "Financialisation: A Primer". 13 September 2018.