Transit Systems Sydney
|Slogan||Next Generation Transport|
|Commenced operation||13 October 2013|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||859 (April 2020)|
|Chief executive||Clint Feuerherdt|
In November 2012, Transit Systems was awarded a contract by Transport for NSW to operate region 3 bus services in Western Sydney, taking over services operated by Busabout, Hopkinsons, Metro-link and Westbus. Transit Systems also took over route T80 on the Liverpool-Parramatta T-way from Western Sydney Buses. Operations commenced on 13 October 2013.
On 1 July 2018, Transit Systems took over the operation of region 6 from State Transit on an eight-year contract operating services in the Canterbury-Bankstown, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West, North Shore and St George regions.
In region 3, Transit Systems operates a combination of buses inherited from its predecessors, 65 new built buses and some second hand purchases including Volgren bodied Mercedes-Benz OC 500 LEs from Brisbane Transport and some older high-floors purchased from the Dineen Group and Hopkinsons. As of April 2020, the fleet consists of 859 buses. In mid 2017, Transit Systems purchased six Bustech CDi double deckers for use on route T80.
In region 6, Transit Systems inherited all of the Inner West State Transit fleet. This consists of a wide variety of different buses, both new and old, and with many different chassis and body types. Since they have acquired the contract, they have also purchased many new buses for this region. Most of these buses are similar to ones inherited from State Transit, but they have also bought buses from Gemilang Coachworks, which State Transit does not buy from. Transit Systems were also selected to trial 5 electric buses in the Inner West region.
- Transit Systems awarded Sydney buses contract Archived 25 April 2013 at the Wayback Machine Transit Systems 7 November 2012
- Cut costs or bus contracts will go to private sector, minister tells drivers Sydney Morning Herald 7 November 2012
- Transit Systems Boosts Inner West Bus Services Minister for Transport 13 February 2018
- Routes transferred from State Transit Authority to Transit Systems upon privatisation of Contract Region 6 on 1 July 2018 Sydney Bus routes
- Transit Systems Sydney Australian Bus Fleet Lists
- Transit Systems unveils new double decker buses Transit Systems
Media related to Transit Systems Sydney at Wikimedia Commons