Train for the vicinities of the city of Bogotá
The train for the vicinities of the city of Bogotá (Spanish: Tren de cercanías de Bogotá) is an infrastructure project for the construction of a mass, rapid transport system to communicate Bogotá with its surrounding cities. This train is to replace the defunct Bogotá Savannah Railway.
The main corridors of this vicinity's railroad system would connect the main cities of the metropolitan area and will be developed in three phases as follows:
- First phase between Bogotá and Facatativá
- Second phase between Bogotá and Zipaquirá
- Third phase between Zipaquirá and Facatativá.
The construction of the first phase of this project was expected to begin in early 2011. However, due to the urgent needs of transport in the city, the project was advanced to commence by the end of 2019.[needs update]
- Tren de cercanías[permanent dead link] - Instituto de Desarrollo Urbano de Bogotá
- Tren de Cercanías de la Sabana de Bogotá[dead link] - Study of the project
- Tren de Cercanías será una realidad en el 2011: Samuel Moreno, retrieved on November 4, 2008.
|This rapid transit-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|