Tornik ski resort
Tornik ski resort or Tornik ski center (Serbian: Sки центар Торник, romanized: Ski centar Tornik), is a mountain resort and one of the largest centers of winter tourism in Serbia, operated by public company "Skijališta Srbije". Located on the slopes of Zlatibor Mountain, it is mainly a destination for skiing. In the nearby town of Zlatibor, there are several hotels and hostels, cafes, bars and night clubs.
|Tornik ski resort|
Ski school in Tornik
|Nearest city||Zlatibor, Čajetina, Serbia|
|Top elevation||1,490 m (4,890 ft)|
|Skiable area||7 km (4.3 mi)|
|Lift system||3 total (6-passenger gondola, 2 surface lifts)|
It is located at elevations between 1,100 and 1,400 meters. It has four tracks, all covered by artificial snowing systems, with the total capacity of the about 5,400 skiers per hour. It is equipped with a six-seater chairlift, carrying 3,000 skiers per hour, and two T-bar ski lifts with total capacity of 2,400 skiers per hour. All four tracks are categorized by the International Ski Federation (FIS).
- Subašić, Boris (27 April 2018). "Zlatibor - turistički centar Srbije". novosti.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- Božović, Nenad (4 November 2017). "U Srbiji možete na skijanje na 8 PLANINA, a evo gde je NAJJEFTINIJE". blic.rs (in Serbian). Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "Otvorena ski sezona na Torniku". novosti.rs (in Serbian). Tanjug. 20 December 2018. Retrieved 23 December 2018.
- "Počela letnja sezona na Torniku". novosti.rs (in Serbian). Tanjug. 14 June 2018. Retrieved 30 December 2018.
- "Zlatiborska gondola, najveća na svetu, kreće do kraja godine". b92.net (in Serbian). Tanjug. 4 June 2019. Retrieved 13 October 2019.