This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)
Valentine Anthony Neil "Tony Van" Bridge CM (28 May 1917 – 20 December 2004) was a British television and theatre actor and director.
He married Kippe Cammaerts just before World War II. They had two children, Pieter and Michael. While he was away during World War II, his wife met Jack Morpurgo and started a relationship with him. Bridge returned to England in 1946 and shortly thereafter decided to emigrate to Canada.
Bridge had three further children in Canada – Shona Bridge, David Cheyne and Peter Cheyne.
On 27 April 2000, Bridge was made a Member of the Order of Canada for his services to the performing arts.
Bridge died 20 December 2004 in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. He was survived by his ex-wife Stacey and predeceased by his second wife Elizabeth Bridge.
- "Tony van Bridge, 87: Actor won stage acclaim". thestar.com. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- van Bridge, Tony (2 August 1998). "Dialogue: Tony van Bridge" (Interview). Interviewed by Richard Ouzounian. TV Ontario. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "Michael Morpurgo; Jean Webb". Michaelmorpurgo.org. 23 May 2006. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "Valentine A. N. "Tony" VAN BRIDGE". ObitsforLife.com. 20 December 2004. Retrieved 6 November 2012.
- "Tony van Bridge acting credits". Stratford Festival Archives. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- van Bridge, Tony (1995). Also in the Cast: The Memoirs of Tony van Bridge. Oakville, Ontario: Mosaic Press. ISBN 0-9699478-0-1.